Connecting Wort Chiller to Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdstrobe

Reaction score
Our kitchen has one of those pullout faucets that has a female setting. I'm looking for something that would be able to connect this setting to be a male-to-male so it can connect to my wort chiller. Any one have any luck with this? I have a picture of my faucet here:
8384422301_0af4b22e29.jpg

I think I need an adapter that looks like this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XMPr3BXDm4k/UDAkUKQRdvI/AAAAAAAAEvI/TdzFd0ykfco/s1600/IMG_4480.jpg

I want to make sure that something like this should work before I buy anything so wanted to hear any feedback from the HBT community... I might just need to bring in my faucet head and have Home Depot match up the threads. Just to confirm, I'd need a male to male adapter so it can attach to the wort chiller, correct?

Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers,
Matt

I think something like this might work. I use it to connect my bottle washer or hose to my faucet. I'm pretty sure it was under $5. If that's not what you're looking for it looks like this might work. male to male adapter

IMAG0716.jpg

There was a post back in October from a guy with the same issue (here). He ended up installing a hose threaded adapter to the cold supply line under the sink instead of modifying the actual faucet. Seemed to work pretty well for him.

Just had the same issue, Home Depot has the fitting you need. Not sure what it's called or the size but it is common. Take the faucet handle to the store with you and try it till you find the right one, the chiller end is obvious as its a garden hose style, the faucet end takes some looking but it is there. It's about $3.

I teed off the cold supply line under the sink and installed a 4' hose and ball valve. It works great for wort chilling, and is really useful for cleaning carboys and kegs too (I live in an apartment, and outdoor hose connections are hard to come by).

Back