• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sabco Yeast Brink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banjolawyer

Reaction score
I am offering my Sabco Yeast Brink for sale. These were designed for commercial brewers to store and maintain yeast, and I bought a couple to use as fermenters. At the time Sabco was producing these, alot of homebrewers bought them. It is a 15.5 gal Sanke keg with a hole cut into the top and a corney keg top welded in, so that it has ball lock gas in and beverage out posts. I added a thermowell to the lid, which you can stick a Ranco temperature probe into. The only thing it's missing is a pressure relief valve that screws into the lid, and which I lost.

The yeast brink fits inside a typical kegerator, and with a 2 stage Ranco, you can plug the kegerator and a heating pad into the Ranco and control the temperature of your fermentation +/- 1F. You hook a blow off tube onto the gas-in post using a gas quick diconnect and put the end of the tube into a small bucket or mason jar of water, which makes this act as an airlock. When fermentation is complete, use CO2 through the gas in post to push the beer out through the beverage out post. The beverage dip tube has been cut off just a bit at the end so that it won't pick up too much junk during the transfer. With a beverage QD to beverage QD jumper, you can have an oxygen free transfer from fermenter to serving keg. Pic is attached. I bought this for $360 and am selling it for $180 (plus the actual cost of a sturdy box to ship it in and shipping cost)

IMG_20101231_145732-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back