Is my beer wrecked?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KENZ

Reaction score
I brewed a five gallon batch of creme ale. I wanted to split it into two for different flavoring. I was actually trying a variation of a carmel vanilla recipe that I found on here. So I racked into two five gallon carboys. It's been two weeks and I checked it today and it looked like there was some mold floating in the beer. I was stupid and didn't think to purge the air out with co2 . Is the beer toast?

It could just be yeast rafts. I'd post a pic. Lots of newer homebrewers mistake yeast rafts for an infection. I'll post a pic of my infected pale ale if you want, lol.

I guess not 100% . I can post pic later. I am at work now and this is really bugging me. After I transfered the airlock never filled up. I am thinking I should keg tonite. Usually I use priming sugar to carbonate but now I think I might be bettet to force carb and chill to slow potential oxidation. This beer is entered in a competition in April hope it works out.

Thanks for that. Mine don't look like that. Do you think I can naturally carbonate in the keg being that the carboys were half full? Would the extra head space kill the yeast? Should I just force carb?

Latest posts

Back