False bottom questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iasteeler

Reaction score
I'm just starting an e-build, and have been ordering parts. I need a false bottom and can't decide between the Jaybird or the pico style slotted. I like both, only concern is the dead space under the pico. I've read most of the threads on here, and if you had a choice, which would you buy?

I've been leaning towards the Jaybird, just wanting some input which everyone here prefers. I'm going to pull the trigger in the morning when I get off work.

Well, Just ordered the Jaybird false bottom with handle and hinge. Didn't know if I should have gotten a stand or not. If I need one, I can always make one at work. I'm needing to hurry and get this built, pipeline is empty. Picked up a few six packs of Moose Drool to tide me for the next week or so. Thanks for the input, hope it all turns out good.

I have the pico in my mlt and I just ordered a jaybird and level 3 filter for my bk. The pico seems to perform well. I did trim the supports with an angle grinder to lower the dead space some. With 10 gal batches the deadspace won't cause a problem with 5 gal batches I have to increase the water to grain ratio more than I would like.

Back