Present Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seecachu

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm trying to think of the perfect gift for my boyfriend for Christmas. He loves all things beer, and all things alcohol really, but I'm all out of ideas. Last year I got him a custom-made tap handle with a personally designed logo for his "brand", and I've gotten him a few collector's signs/mirrors to put up around his place for his birthday, so I'm looking for something different than those...

So, I pose the question: What cool item would you love to have or even something you already own that you think would make an excellent Christmas gift? Nothing too grandiose, I'm trying to spend ~ $100 on this particular gift. Although inspiration for the future would be welcomed as well!

Cheers!
Jessica

How about a "brew tour". Find someplace a couple hours away that has a few brewpubs and visit them. Make a day trip out of it. Maybe even find a decent deal on a hotel and make it an overnight.

do you like beer/ wine? you could always order a few custom made kits for you two to do together, should land you in the $100 range.

I assume he brews? if so what is his setup like? a bit more info could help us out.

He does brew, he's already got a complete setup with kegs, carboys, a fancy compact heat exchanger, he's trying to build his own sparge (I think that's what it's called anyway, the sprinkler-thing), a couple kegerators, and everything else that goes with it. I've been trying to listen when he talks about the things that he wants to buy for it, but nothing he's mentioned is close to my price range… which is why I changed my focus to a "fun" gift instead of a practical one.

As others have stated, custom etched mugs/glasses or kits to brew together would be fine choices. You can never go wrong with a gift certificate to an online homebrew supply shop, or even your local HBS. That way you spend what you want & he gets to choose exactly what he wants. Austin homebrew has free shipping on orders over $100, so you get a better deal there. I'm not hawking AHS, I'm just sayin they have free shipping.

OK, it's not beer related, and I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful here, but if MY girlfriend cleaned my house while naked, I'd consider that one of the most, if not THE most awesome gifts I ever got. Especially if she served me a couple of hard to find beers while I watched & maybe either cooked a fine meal, or at least ordered some of my fav food to be delivered; as long as she didn't answer the door while naked, man, I'd be so on board with that...

Gotta go write a letter to Santa now. Good luck on your gift choice.
Regards, GF.

Pretty obvious but every Christmas mine surprises me with a selection of different kinds of strong tasty Belgain trappist beers including several of my favorites (Rochfort 10). I know evey year it is coming but I still get excited about it.

I also take it he is not a member here? Is he a member of another forum? If not either, maybe buy him membership here?

I make up my own recipies but I know I would be excited with any brew kit or wine kit for that matter. Something I might not buy for myself but would happy to get as a gift.

A 50lb sack of barley? wheat?

How about a "brew tour". Find someplace a couple hours away that has a few brewpubs and visit them. Make a day trip out of it. Maybe even find a decent deal on a hotel and make it an overnight.

do you like beer/ wine? you could always order a few custom made kits for you two to do together, should land you in the $100 range.

I assume he brews? if so what is his setup like? a bit more info could help us out.

These.

Get him a set of these?................Or a classy personalized beer glass. Yes, the beer glass.

GermanBarmaids.jpg

gratus fermentatio said:
OK, it's not beer related, and I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful here, but if MY girlfriend cleaned my house while naked, I'd consider that one of the most, if not THE most awesome gifts I ever got. Especially if she served me a couple of hard to find beers while I watched & maybe either cooked a fine meal, or at least ordered some of my fav food to be delivered; as long as she didn't answer the door while naked, man, I'd be so on board with that...

How has no one else gotten on board with this idea?! Greatest gift idea ever. Hell even just cooking and cleaning the dishes naked would be awesome. Just don't pan fry or deep fry something. Grease burns on exposed flesh isn't fun.

Gotta go write a letter to Santa now. Good luck on your gift choice.
Regards, GF.

guys, calm down. this is why women don't come here any more.

A nice girl came here asking for advice about doing something a lot of wives/gfs could care less about doing. Taking the time to ask an internet community of strangers for advice shows some initiative.

guys, calm down. this is why women don't come here any more.

A nice girl came here asking for advice about doing something a lot of wives/gfs could care less about doing. Taking the time to ask an internet community of strangers for advice shows some initiative.

True, but I'm pretty sure she knew it was a beer forum. ;)

I wouldn't go find a religious forum and post a question without expecting a few hallelujahs. :)

Does he read or like to read about brewing? If he does and has not read "Yeast" or "Brew like a monk" those would be a great gift. I also REALLY like:
So it was my birthday today. I got a nice party last night with friends and the family party was today. My mother got me a very cool set of personalized clothing from http://www.inkpixi.com/itemB/Classic+Irish+Pub/A162/229/itemB.html I got a set of the hooded sweatshirt, cap and t-shirt in the Irish Pub style. (I am of Irish decent so the last name fit perfectly with the theme.)

They all look fantastic and fit as they should. (I am a 3X so it can be challenging to find things that fit correctly sometimes) I will be sporting these at club meetings and all over. The quality seems to be top notch.

:tank:

The printing still looks great. I would pass on the base ball hats as they are a bit small but my head is pretty big so take that for whatever you will.

Back