First Batch Blues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skunkyhops

Reaction score
I have my first batch (its a Brown Ale recipe from my lhbs) in the secondary and its been in there for 11 days... and its absolutely killing me to wait:drunk:! I know that with time the beer will taste better but i just have this urge to start drinking it straight out of the secondary... LOL I picture myself with the auto-siphon in the secondary and racking straight into my mouth:ban: Is it just me that gets this excited???

The best thing you can do is start researching and gathering stuff for a second brew. It will take your mind off the first one for a bit, which makes it easier to let it sit till the time is right.

Next batch im brewing this weekend its going to be cheeses Vanilla Caramel Cream Ale been planning it for about a week. I cant wait to get it going ive heard nothing but rave reviews about it! Im also contemplating adding vanilla to like half or a quarter of my batch of Brown Ale to play with the flavors and still have the rest of the batch "normal".

Back