First party featuring my homebrew was a success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loup

Reaction score
My wife and I threw an end of season party last night, I had a red ale (my first batch) and a fake oktoberfest (my second batch) and then a few bottles of an alcoholic ginger ale (did a small, 1 gallon batch) and then some leinie's original if anyone didn't want the homebrew stuff.

The Leinie's never even got touched, went through about a case and a half of my homebrew. The Oktoberfest was apparently the favorite of the evening, and one person had actually brought some beer, drank one of mine, drank one of the commercial beers they brought, and then went back to drinking mine for the rest of the night.

One friend who is a die hard grain belt premium drinker asked me to bring over some of my oktoberfest for a get-together next weekend.

Overall, I'm very pleased by how it went.

When its good 5 gallons seems like nothing compared to the labor to make it. When it sucks its a ton. Your problem now is that your friends will want to sponge your HB's and they think it has no cost to you.

Congrats,
Al

The only thing that annoyed me about the whole thing was that I went through trying to tell them about the sediment in the bottom of the bottles and how when pouring it into a glass they should leave the last little dribble in the bottle and so on, and then one guy asks if it's OK to just drink out of the bottle, I said that's fine if you don't mind the sediment, and after that my wife and I were the only ones not drinking it straight from the bottle.

Oh well.

The only thing that annoyed me about the whole thing was that I went through trying to tell them about the sediment in the bottom of the bottles and how when pouring it into a glass they should leave the last little dribble in the bottle and so on, and then one guy asks if it's OK to just drink out of the bottle, I said that's fine if you don't mind the sediment, and after that my wife and I were the only ones not drinking it straight from the bottle.

Oh well.

I know exactly what you are talking about.:drunk:

My wife and I threw an end of season party last night, I had a red ale (my first batch) and a fake oktoberfest (my second batch) and then a few bottles of an alcoholic ginger ale (did a small, 1 gallon batch) and then some leinie's original if anyone didn't want the homebrew stuff.

The Leinie's never even got touched, went through about a case and a half of my homebrew. The Oktoberfest was apparently the favorite of the evening, and one person had actually brought some beer, drank one of mine, drank one of the commercial beers they brought, and then went back to drinking mine for the rest of the night.

One friend who is a die hard grain belt premium drinker asked me to bring over some of my oktoberfest for a get-together next weekend.

Overall, I'm very pleased by how it went.
I will drink a case a day on my Canada fishing trip. Guess I need to sober up. :drunk:

I had my first party featuring my homebrew on saturday as well. I was surprised how much people enjoyed the beer. I know that I like it a lot, but I wasn't sure how my sister's sorority sisters and their spouses would respond.

I had BM's Cream of 3 Crops and Edwort's Oktoberfest (with victory malt accidentally subbed for vienna) on tap and the girls started drinking the cream ale and said the beer was really good and asked what kind of beer it was. When my sister responded that I brewed it and they were all shocked. After about 15 min my sister asked if I had a pitcher so they didn't have to make as many trips to the basement. The pitcher was constantly being refilled all night.

And the guys all loved the oktoberfest, one guest even asked if he could buy a keg of oktoberfest off of me. I told him I was flattered but the ATF frowns upon people selling beer without a liquor license.

So I felt like I got a big pat on the back and now I'm excited to brew my next batch.

And the guys all loved the oktoberfest, one guest even asked if he could buy a keg of oktoberfest off of me. I told him I was flattered but the ATF frowns upon people selling beer without a liquor license.

Had the same thing happen at my party which was the highest compliment I could ever have gotten. I told him he could buy the ingredients and I'd brew it for him as long as he came over to pitch the yeast, so it'd be his beer.

Latest posts

Back