Sam Adams Longshot Results are in....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody that enered received your scoresheets yet? I sent in two, and didn't win (nor did I expect to, but I hoped!), but I am really looking forward to my evaluations. The winners list website said they would be mailed out a few weeks later - it has now been a month.

Same here. Waiting........... When somebody does get their feedback, could you let us know so we can start our obsessive mail box watching.

I just put a call into my buddy in Boston to find out the scoop. His SWMBO runs the brewery there. He told me they would be out in a few weeks like last month. I'll post here if I find out anything.

I emailed them about 3-4 wks ago then got a reply back saying that they were waiting on the "free gifts" to arrive and that they would be mailed out beginning last week.

I was home this morning when the UPS man came by. My wife or I hadn't ordered anything. Lo and behold it was a Longshot T-shirt and my scoresheets.:ban:

My Czech Pilsner scored a 30 and my Brown Porter scored a 34.5. I think that's pretty good. Their comments pretty well agree with what I thought my future recipe tweaks would be. I thought about entering the Pils as a German instead of a Czech as it was maybe a bit low on the malty end.

Now that I know how my beers were rated, I wish I knew what the average score was for each catagory so I could get a feel for how well my beers ranked.

So, keep an eye out for the UPS van

UPS just visited me today :rockin:
Scored a 24 for my first all-grain (a saison). It fermented a little warmer than I wanted. I used T-58 yeast, and I guess it doesn't like the heat as much as other Belgain strains. Got marked down for fusels, but they have mellowed a little.
Scored a 33 on my partial mash brown ale. Got a flaw for vegetal flavor, probably from using a good dose of Mt. Hood hops (4oz with only 36 IBU in a 5.5gal batch) instead of more American profile hops. But quite tasty.
These were my 3rd & 4th brews since getting back into brewing after a 10 year hiatus. I'm happy, and a t-shirt to boot!

How did everybody else do?

I scored a 33.5 on my ESB. Much better score than I expected because i know i can improve on it. It was only my second batch. (they are lucky they didn't get one of the gushers).

UPS visited me today with a SWEET T-shirt and my scoresheets...errr....well some of them anyway. Supposedly my LWPA sheets were misplaced.

The SOS scored a 28, they said it didn't have enough smoke. It was showing its age, I agree that it lost some flavors.

The shirt roolz though.

Latest posts

Back