What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DFH 120 min IPA-2012. I had my doubts but for its percentage which i didnt know it was that insane-its really good.It still tastes like an ipa and a good complex beer. Plenty of good doubles i would rather have commonly more often though only because of abv,as far as taste it fits right in as well as good doubles do which is pretty remarkable at the percentage 120 min is at(which i have no actual idea what abv this is). Not shure if i would like it aged or not,but i wouldnt know,never had one aged. Now I just gotta try the 75 min ipa. If i can ever find it.

I had planned on spending the evening with a Cream Ale I brewed back in February but didn't get around to bottling until last weekend. Unfortunately, they're not ready.

So, I'm stuck with a six pack of this ghastly Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout!

Kidding of course, this stuff's freakin' delicious!

I'm giving this new Newcastle Werewolf Blood Red Ale a try. It's pretty good, but there's something in the aroma that I can't identify and it's bugging me. There's a little more hop flavor than I was expecting, but it tastes good.

My Ginger Pale Ale.Shure conditioned nicely with time. Its like Ginger candy,think i like this more than Left hands ginger beer.Has a strong obvious ginger aroma/mellow strong flavor. Sessionably,not as dry but dry enough.Medium body,smooth. Its got more ginger and mild malty carmel sweetness that theirs didnt, not that i didnt love thiers. Im just surprisingly impressed how well my first ginger turned out,guess i ended up learning a thing or two after all these brews.

My Ginger Pale Ale.Shure conditioned nicely with time. Its like Ginger candy,think i like this more than Left hands ginger beer.Has a strong obvious ginger aroma/mellow strong flavor. Sessionably,not as dry but dry enough.Medium body,smooth. Its got more ginger and mild malty carmel sweetness that theirs didnt, not that i didnt love thiers. Im just surprisingly impressed how well my first ginger turned out,guess i ended up learning a thing or two after all these brews.

If you get a chance, you should check out Jack's Abby Ginger & Juice lager. Having one now. Pretty awesome.

I am having a King Goblin. Haven't had a Wychwood brew in years!!!

And I got a mixed-pack.

ForumRunner_20120804_202413.jpg

North Coast Brother Thelonious, I'm liking this. A little too easy to drink at 9.4% :drunk:

On to my abbey dubbel and coconut porter. Going to be a good night.

If you get a chance, you should check out Jack's Abby Ginger & Juice lager. Having one now. Pretty awesome.

Hopefully will,if i spot it but sounds like its unavailable in my area,ive pretty much got to the point of how far im gonna travel just to find certain beers. Pretty spotty for some of the good east/west coast beers here.

Stone Smoked Porter. I didn't even know they made a porter (or a barley wine for that matter) until I saw it in the store today. Getting some Young's Double Chocolate Stout action next. :tank:

nukebrewer said:
Stone Smoked Porter. I didn't even know they made a porter (or a barley wine for that matter) until I saw it in the store today. Getting some Young's Double Chocolate Stout action next. :tank:

Youngs double chocolate stout mixed with Wells banana bread beer is amazing. Makes an awesome dessert beer.

Dead Guy Ale. Drinking while In the midst of putting together an experimental hard lemon - lime ade. What could possibly go wrong? :mug:

Cascade pale ale, and coffee/chocolate stout. I got a late start because I had to go to a birthday party at my sister's house. Apparently I was supposed to bring beer, but I didn't find out until I got there (my wife forgot to tell me). Oh well, more for me!

Alesmith X, Laguinitas Hop Stoopid, Lagunitas 13th Anniversary Alt, SN Northern Hemisphere, Homebrewed, Oak cask aged Götlandsdricka, dried out at 21.3%ABV. Trying to hold off on my gift of Mikkeller Beer Geek Weasel Calvados, and Beer Geek Breakfast. The Oatmeal stout will be good tomorrow before a long work day.

Dogfish Head's Black & Blue that I've been saving for a hot day like today. Sitting in the backyard and not sharing with anyone either! I'm even wearing a black t-shirt and blue shorts.

Miller High Life 24 oz can- Its better than I remember it. I think its a decent pale lager. Had super- lacing too. Maybe its just because of the SamSmith lager glass I used. Or maybe the can that kept the little flavor that did shine.

I'm drinking a Munich Dunkel that I brewed a few weekends ago. My first ever triple decoction, it's pretty tasty!

Maui Brewing Co. CoCoNut PorTer. Perfection, one of my favorites.
North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin RIS. So good, I love this beer.

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

Beer Geek Weasel Brunch Calvados Barrel, Pliny the Elder, Hop Wallop.
Beer Geek Breakfast, for breakfast. Today has been a good day for beer!

Bridgeport Stumptown Tart. From label:
Belgian Style Ale
Ale brewed with strawberries, raspberries and marionberries.

Not surprisingly, it is fruity. I was expecting tartness (it's on the label!) but there isn't quite enough for me right now, it's hot and this beer isn't exactly what I was looking for. Still, it's a tasty beer and I'd buy it again.

Haandbryggeriet Haandbakk, Consecration 23, then Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest.

BrewByLos said:
Maui Brewing Co. CoCoNut PorTer. Perfection, one of my favorites.
North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin RIS. So good, I love this beer.

I'm a huge fan of old Rasputin. Great beer

cheap champagne... to celebrate the obnoxious kids who FINALLY went back home and left the neighborhood today! back to homebrew to tomorrow evening...

My parents picked these up for me at the Mt. Shasta Brewing Co. in Weed, CA. One's a Jalapeno Ale and the other is a Porter. Hopefully I'll be trying them out today.

weedbeer2.jpg

Boon Geuze and Rayon Vert

I haven't given Lambics a fair shot, and this was good - but I had to make myself finish the last 20%. The Rayon Vert was delicious, but the Brett gets overwhelming to me after the first one.

Oh, also LakeFront Oktoberfest, which says it was bottled the second week in October. This is wrong or I'm drinking year old lager. Has a cider like aroma and odd subtle fruity taste that fades as it warms.

Back