Anybody see U of L??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Knocked out the #1 seed (and ruined my bracket, but do I look like I care?;))

Big east went 2 of 3 against the big 10 with lowly cincy losing to Ohio state the 1 loss.

U of L didn't blow Mich st out, but it was never close.

Michigan fan here, so I have no room to talk, but Sparty looked tired last night. Draymond is a fantastic player, but Louisville made someone else beat them last night, and it didn't happen.

Michigan fan here, so I have no room to talk, but Sparty looked tired last night. Draymond is a fantastic player, but Louisville made someone else beat them last night, and it didn't happen.

that made some sense....don't discount louisville. They shot like crap too, but they made Michigan tired. It's part of the game.

:mug:

MSU had four days off, not sure how they were tired. As Cheesy said, Pitino teams are well conditioned; if you can't keep the pace.....

Cards had nice win over Florida, ugly but still a W. Dang, if only IU could hold five more minutes last night!

MSU had four days off, not sure how they were tired. As Cheesy said, Pitino teams are well conditioned; if you can't keep the pace.....

Cards had nice win over Florida, ugly but still a W. Dang, if only IU could hold five more minutes last night!

If only they were on the other side of the bracket!!!

90 points against Ky? DAMN. they deserve another game.

I finally looked at the box scores today: Anthony Davis 9 points, Terrence Jones 12. Yeah Indiana had a team this year; excitement started to build when we beat NC State on the road. The only team we could not beat was Wisconsin.

How do you feel about the Cards chances? You gotta have a bench to beat Kentucky because those refs are going to call it fair but really tight. Dieng is in for the ride of his life. But Pitino knows how to get ready. Go CARDS!

I finally looked at the box scores today: Anthony Davis 9 points, Terrence Jones 12. Yeah Indiana had a team this year; excitement started to build when we beat NC State on the road. The only team we could not beat was Wisconsin.

How do you feel about the Cards chances? You gotta have a bench to beat Kentucky because those refs are going to call it fair but really tight. Dieng is in for the ride of his life. But Pitino knows how to get ready. Go CARDS!

the key will be what they did to Mich st. DEFENSIVE SUFFOCATION.

Can it work? Yes.

will it? No way to say for sure.

The left side of my bracket is screwed, but I'm winning most of my pools because I called OU to play UNC, (I felt like a terrible alumnus calling them to lose to UNC, but I knew it was going to happen.) and I also called OSU to win it all.

Go Bucks!

Don't feel bad, I had U of L going out the second game!

*winning your bracket........$60.

U of L versus U of K in the final four.......priceless.*

Screw my bracket, you can feel electricity in the air here.

For the first time IN MY LIFE......saw a guy this morning with a U of K sweatshirt on (not a hoodie thank god, but I had my 9mm cocked anyways) AND A U of L HAT!!!!!!!

It is awesome for everyone right now.....but there will be blood.

Louisville is the number 1 TV ratings market for ncaa basketball on a normal day. The 31st will be RIDICULOUS.

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!

I'm a die hard UofL fan. I did one fun bracket where I have them winning it all. It's doing ok but I hate UK and them losing to IU so that screwed me pretty good. Should be a slow scrappy ugly game, only way the cards are going to win. I'm crossing my fingers, UK is our biggest rival and the year round trash talk is about to go to an all time high.

I'm a die hard UofL fan. I did one fun bracket where I have them winning it all. It's doing ok but I hate UK and them losing to IU so that screwed me pretty good. Should be a slow scrappy ugly game, only way the cards are going to win. I'm crossing my fingers, UK is our biggest rival and the year round trash talk is about to go to an all time high.

I had IU taking out U of K too. We weren't exactly wrong.....90 points and lose????? lol.

I think the rivalry trash talk goes U of L's way. Rivalry is the only way an "all bets off" situation can materialize.

Seriously... That game was nuts. Yea I really think UofL has a good shot and the rivalry plays into that. Should be an insane environment!

UK is by far the best team in the country and while Louisville will definitely be a challenge as they are playing their best ball of the year I think UK is just too good. I think UNC is the only team that could match them but that is a healthy UNC team. I think it will be OSU KY final with Kentucky winning it all.

Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will probably be the #1 and #2 NBA draft picks and they are the 5 and 4 shot takers respectively. That is absurd. Kentucky is just too good both offensively and defensively. They would have to have a very off night to lose. Can't wait for Saturday.

Go Cats!

Parity does not exist.

Who would guess that Mich st would be suffocated by U of L. As has been said "they looked tired" that is what happens when you get suffocated.

I am not saying U of L WILL WIN. I am saying....all bets are off.

If U of K is suffocateable, U of L will do it.

cheezydemon3 said:
Parity does not exist.

Who would guess that Mich st would be suffocated by U of L. As has been said "they looked tired" that is what happens when you get suffocated.

I am not saying U of L WILL WIN. I am saying....all bets are off.

If U of K is suffocateable, U of L will do it.

UKs offense is number 1, defense is 12 I think. Louisville defense is number 1, not sure of their offense.

Edit: Was thinking of a situation where UK would lose and its pretty simply, they shoot way below average (35% or less) and get into foul trouble. That could allow Louisville to win. I was curious and went back and looked at the Dec 31st game. Well that's exactly what happened. All starters had at least 3 fouls and Teague fouled out. They also shot 29% and 18% from the 3 and still won and this UK team is very very different from that game.

Granted so is Louisville and their tournament run is very admirable but I don't think their chances are very good. UK is very athletic and has too many weapons.

Go Cards! We have them going to the final game against Kansas....and losing. I can't wait for Saturday- it'll be one of the most fun games to watch, I think. Kyle

If Lehigh can beat Duke... If Norfolk St can beat Mizzou... anybody can beat anybody on any given night. Louisville can beat KY and the pressure is all on KY. A bunch of freshman, though talented, have the pressure of the state/nation on them to win the national title. I mean the expectation from the beginning of the tournament was that they SHOULD win. The #1 and #2 pick plus some other first rounders, there's no excuse not to win. Over the next week every article will talk about how KY WILL win the national title, they're just too good and unbeatable. But that's a lot of pressure, these guys are going to be nervous. I'll give them credit, great composure so far, but Louisville is a chaotic team that can really get you out of whack. There's zero pressure on Louisville at this point, they've exceeded expectations. Hell most of the fans weren't sure if they'd make the tourney mid way through the year so to be in the final four is a great accomplishment and even if they lose they can go home proud.... But the pressure is on UK. If they don't win a national championship with this team... Calipari is a failure and the freshman choked.

That is my take cperry.

When going for broke, anyone can exceed their own records. In addition, U of L has an uncanny ability to play up to whoever they are playing, which in an "all bets are off" situation, works to their advantage. (in less awesome situations, it also sometimes results in a head scratching loss to an inferior opponent;) it isn't always magical)

I agree that anybody can beat anybody, but Duke really wasnt that great of a team and I dont know enough about Missouri to comment. Having said that, UK would have to have a really off night to lose. They are playing great basketball with everyone contributing.

I also dont really like the whole experience vs. talent argument. That clearly goes out the window because Kentucky made it to the elite eight and final four the last two years with two very young teams. And anyways, Lamb and Jones both went to the elite eight last year and Miller has been in the tournament the last three years. Should be a good game, Saturday cant come soon enough.

I agree that anybody can beat anybody, but Duke really wasnt that great of a team and I dont know enough about Missouri to comment. Having said that, UK would have to have a really off night to lose. They are playing great basketball with everyone contributing.

I also dont really like the whole experience vs. talent argument. That clearly goes out the window because Kentucky made it to the elite eight and final four the last two years with two very young teams. And anyways, Lamb and Jones both went to the elite eight last year and Miller has been in the tournament the last three years. Should be a good game, Saturday cant come soon enough.

Agreed, we can talk until then, but none of it means anything. Whoever ends up being proven "right", really just got lucky.

The question I want to know is, Is Calipari going pro next year??? Lots of rumors that he's leaving to coach in the NBA next year.

Because KY fans are crazy... That's a stressful job as UK's coach. They've only lost 2 games and are in the final four but I can still hear the chants in Lexington 100 miles down the road of "more, more, more"... Calipari even said earlier this season that UK is a place where you can only coach there for a few years.

The question I want to know is, Is Calipari going pro next year??? Lots of rumors that he's leaving to coach in the NBA next year.

Because KY fans are crazy... That's a stressful job as UK's coach. They've only lost 2 games and are in the final four but I can still hear the chants in Lexington 100 miles down the road of "more, more, more"... Calipari even said earlier this season that UK is a place where you can only coach there for a few years.

After the firing of the Knicks coach he said publicly he has no plans to leave and that UK is the best job in basketball (not sure if that was just college or all basketball). Eventually he will leave, but he said he was staying for next year. If he was leaving, why would he be actively recruiting kids?

Well its not like before the NCAA tourney he's going to say if he is going to leave, that'd be devastating to a team. Coaches always say they're staying until the year is over, the papers are signed and the deal is done. Same reason he'd still be recruiting right now. If for whatever reason things don't pan out for him to leave, he's still got KY to coach at.

cperry7467 said:
Well its not like before the NCAA tourney he's going to say if he is going to leave, that'd be devastating to a team. Coaches always say they're staying until the year is over, the papers are signed and the deal is done. Same reason he'd still be recruiting right now. If for whatever reason things don't pan out for him to leave, he's still got KY to coach at.

I don't see why he would. He wasn't very successful in the NBA.

Money. He's basically maxed out at 4 million in college. NBA average is about 4 million with some making 11 million. Plus the pro players love him for some reason.

cperry7467 said:
Money. He's basically maxed out at 4 million in college. NBA average is about 4 million with some making 11 million. Plus the pro players love him for some reason.

That's his salary but he makes far more with endorsements. I could be wrong but I don't think he is coaching for the money at this point, he has made quite a bit. Succeed at Kentucky or be mediocre in the NBA, which would you choose?

That's his salary but he makes far more with endorsements. I could be wrong but I don't think he is coaching for the money at this point, he has made quite a bit. Succeed at Kentucky or be mediocre in the NBA, which would you choose?

Not to mention the fact that he has to move on at least a year or so before the NCAA starts taking back wins and championships for fraud and violations.;)

cheezydemon3 said:
Not to mention the fact that he has to move on at least a year or so before the NCAA starts taking back wins and championships for fraud and violations.;)

I knew someone was going to bring that trash in here. He was never implicated and they were because Derrick Rose had someone take his SATs and the other guy accepted a small amount of money. The NCAA is the real crook here. lets not get confused in this.

Pretty much every good coach has at one time or another been investigated, Calhoun or Boeheim anyone? And don't get me started on Pitino. Even if Calipari knew about those minor violations Pitino was caught up in a much bigger scandal. Didn't he pay for the girl to get an abortion or offer to?

These arguments are so stupid and pointless.

I knew someone was going to bring that trash in here. He was never implicated and they were because Derrick Rose had someone take his SATs and the other guy accepted a small amount of money. The NCAA is the real crook here. lets not get confused in this.

Pretty much every good coach has at one time or another been investigated, Calhoun or Boeheim anyone? And don't get me started on Pitino. Even if Calipari knew about those minor violations Pitino was caught up in a much bigger scandal. Didn't he pay for the girl to get an abortion or offer to?

These arguments are so stupid and pointless.

Hmmm... How is the NCAA at fault for someone else taking Derrick Rose's SAT so he could be eligible to play? And Marcus Camby receiving cash from an agent? Pitino had an affair, what's that got to do with the NCAA and basketball?

cperry7467 said:
Hmmm... How is the NCAA at fault for someone else taking Derrick Rose's SAT so he could be eligible to play? And Marcus Camby receiving cash from an agent? Pitino had an affair, what's that got to do with the NCAA and basketball?

I'm not saying those aren't bad things, but wether Calipari knew about them or not doesn't make him a bad person. Pitino character is seriously questionable after his scandal. I agree it doesn't have a whole lot to do with basketball but everyone calls Calipari a Chester which I believe is pretty harsh.

You fooling yourself if you don't think the NCAA is a terrible and extremely corrupt organization. They wouldn't let Kentuckys 2011 recruit Enes Kanter play because he was paid for playing basketball in Turkey. He was from a wealthy family so money was never the issue, that's how you progress in basketball over there, by playing for clubs. There is no basketball in high schoo. Also how is someone who speaks little English suppose to go through the huge NCAA rule book? His family even offered to give back the money he was paid.

The NCAA is a joke of an organization who finds any sort of way they can screw up college sports.

I'm not saying those aren't bad things, but wether Calipari knew about them or not doesn't make him a bad person. Pitino character is seriously questionable after his scandal. I agree it doesn't have a whole lot to do with basketball but everyone calls Calipari a Chester which I believe is pretty harsh.

I'm not questioning character, trust me the Pitino thing, geez... I mean did you even see the chick? At least he could have gone after a hot chick, that'd be a little more reasonable. But from what I understood him and his wife were basically divorced at the time anyway. But it's Cal's job to know that things like that are happening on his team and also to prevent them to abide by the rules of the NCAA. If his teams violate the rules, they get punished which is exactly what happened. As big or small as they were.

You fooling yourself if you don't think the NCAA is a terrible and extremely corrupt organization. They wouldn't let Kentuckys 2011 recruit Enes Kanter play because he was paid for playing basketball in Turkey. He was from a wealthy family so money was never the issue, that's how you progress in basketball over there, by playing for clubs. There is no basketball in high schoo. Also how is someone who speaks little English suppose to go through the huge NCAA rule book? His family even offered to give back the money he was paid.

I'm not defending the NCAA, I'm just saying the instances in which Cal's teams had wins vacated certainly weren't the NCAA's fault. As far as Enes goes, the NCAA did the right thing in my opinion. They have to hold that standard across the board regardless of the country you're from. The "I didn't know any better" excuse just doesn't fly. They have a limit on the amount of money that can be "paid back" and and 30k is above the limit. And did it hurt Enes? No, he went 3rd in the draft last year.

ALLRIGHT!!!!!!

I had a ;) after it!!!

Jesus.

regardless of what it may actually means, for me it means "alll in good fun, and you deserve a little ribbing"

So! You certify that Calipari is free from sin?;)

cheezydemon3 said:
ALLRIGHT!!!!!!

I had a ;) after it!!!

Jesus.

regardless of what it may actually means, for me it means "alll in good fun, and you deserve a little ribbing"

So! You certify that Calipari is free from sin?;)

No, that would mean he is perfect and no one is perfect. Clearly he has done some things wrong. Maybe he did or did not cheat, just obnoxious that everyone mentions him when pretty much every other successful coach has done the same.

No, that would mean he is perfect and no one is perfect. Clearly he has done some things wrong. Maybe he did or did not cheat, just obnoxious that everyone mentions him when pretty much every other successful coach has done the same.

Agreed! And they are all just jealous, right? Right.

You can feel the electricity in the air here. I hope no one dies.

Latest posts

Back