Learning to be a soda Jerk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aislepathlight

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new around here. I am from Washington, DC, and I am working as a soda jerk in a restaurant that just opened (yes, we have a real soda fountain in our restaurant).

Anyway, I've been tasked with working to improve the syrups for a bunch of different sodas, so I've got my work cut out. We have a decent start, but they all need a lot of work. Do you all have a general place to start when learning about making sodas from scratch?

I know I have so much to learn, I won't start asking specific questions, but if anyone has a favorite soda recipe that I could try, I'd love to. I am filled with questions, but I have a feeling that I need to learn the basics before I can start filling in the gaps with questions.

Thanks much!

Where is this place? I work in DC. Would love to come check your place out.

I live mainly over in beerland in this forum, so I'm afraid I won't be of much help. But I can tell you the folks here know their stuff. Best of luck!

It is We, The Pizza, Spike Mendolsohns restaurant. Its right next door to Good Stuff Eatery, at Pennsylvania and 3rd SE. It is going well, but there is still a lot of stuff to figure out. By the way, this week we are closed from 3-6pm. I'm there every night, and I work next door at good stuff making milk shakes during the day.

Thanks!

Back