Even dispersion?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gicts

Reaction score
At what time (and how) do you add chemicals to ensure an even and homogeneous dispersion for the life of the beverage?

I have a cider I am kegging and want to add an acid blend to taste. I bottled a few gallons previously and placed a certain amount in the cup before pouring and just stirred afterwords.

I can calculate how much to add to the batch now, however when do I add the acid and how do I ensure it won't just fall out of suspension and I am stuck with my first glass containing all of the acid :cross:

I have a feeling the best way to go about it is in the secondary and use something like a CO2 degasser wand for wine to stir it up well but I wanted to check and see if anyone else had experience on the matter. :mug:

pour the acid into your bottling bucket and rack on top of it. the acid wont come out of suspension any more than the alcohol or other ingredients. its not like your mixing oil and water here.

Wow, so it won't settle in the keg? I guess I'm over thinking things way too much!

Back