What do you think of these racks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested. Seems like you'd have to get the 3-pack for the price to be even close to worth it. I'm curious about reviews though.

Interesting, but expensive. I think I could DIY something with PVC pipe and.....

Seems like I've seen this same kind of thing on here made with a small tote with holes cut in the lid...

Nice design. I thought about making one of them tote things, but my wife and kids bought be a tree.

Frankly, these would be easier to store away when not in use I think.

The main problem I see is nothing to catch the drainage from bottles that have been washed or sanitized.

Looks like they've updated their product since this thread was originally posted and added a drip tray. I was just sent some of these racks (and drip tray) from FastRack to give an unbiased review -and overall I think they are amazing. No more awkward bottle stacking for me! Definetly worth checking out- they are starting to appear at LHS too (@ least in VA).

:ban:You can check out the entire FastRack review here:

http://loudmouthbrewer.wordpress.com/2013/07/20/review-fastrack-bottle-drying-and-storage/

-cheers

The bottle tree is about 10 years old... have been looking at the bottle rack. Looks like it would save space and make it easier to organize things.

I own 4 of these racks with two drip trays and absolutely LOVE them. They are indispensable in my opinion for bottle storage out of the way and to prevent anything from getting in them. I rinse my bottles after I empty them and they go directly into one of these racks upside down until I sanitize and bottle the next batch with them. They are much sturdier than a bottle tree and take up less space. I have space for 96 bottles in the square footage it takes to house only 24 out in my garage. Much easier to bring 2 cases of them in to bottle with rather than messing with cardboard 12 packs which wear out easy.

I saw these in my local HBS and thought I should pick a couple up. I wish I had now as my dishwasher starts to fill up. Another wish list item for sure.

Will the 16 oz. swing top Grolsch style bottles work with these?
Love me swing tops, but they are a pain in the ass to store due to their "odd" size

Will the 16 oz. swing top Grolsch style bottles work with these?
Love me swing tops, but they are a pain in the ass to store due to their "odd" size

The opening of these is only slightly bigger than a bottle cap once capped. I don't think the Grolsh style bottles will work.

Shame on you! I had high hopes when I read the title and I must say good sir there are no racks here! Back to the dirty sites. Thanks for nothing!!!:D

Shame on you! I had high hopes when I read the title and I must say good sir there are no racks here! Back to the dirty sites. Thanks for nothing!!!:D

Agreed, everytime I see this thread title I think I am in the Drunken Mumblings section and that Yooper will be around soon to close this thread.

Back