New York Times: With Bocks, Its All About the Malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmm... I can't WAIT until I can lager so I can start making some of these...

I had the La Rossa as our work Christmas dinner last year (it was the only "interesting" sounding brew at the Italian restaurant we were dining it). MUCH different that I was expecting, I had no idea I was getting a bock! Not what I expected (ignorantly) from an Italian brew, and something that I couldn't drink every night, but very smooth, tasty, and warming on a cool December evening.

I've got one finishing up primary ferm right now. I'm psyched. My first bock! And an accident at that (it was supposed to be a Dunkel, but the OG ended up way off the charts, and thus, it's a bock).

Nice article. I also had a La Rossa, in the beer purgatory called Sweden. I ordered it out of desperation being familiar with the regular Moretti, but wound up pleasantly surprised.

Mine is basically carb'ed up now and is decent, but I clearly have a lot to learn about brewing this style.

I read that today, also.

That dude writes beer articles for the Times quite often. They're usually pretty good.

I've always wondered if he was kin to Isaac?

Good read, thanks for the link! I was just in Fredericksburg, TX last weekend and had several beers - including a Shiner Bock - here!

Back