GE Kegerator? GMR06AAZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stand

Reaction score
I just bought this refrigerator that I'm hoping to turn into a kegerator:

GE 6.0 cu. ft. Compact Refrigerator (GMR06AAZ) : Sears Outlet

I wanted one that was a little wider so I could fit my pinlock cornies , and this one seems like the right width.

I keep seeing people moving the freezer section, but I'm wondering if that's for reasons of height to fit the kegs or if it's to keep the freezer from freezing the beer lines... or both? Anyway, I'll post pictures if it looks possible.

If anyone has tried with this fridge, let me know!

Most people bend the freezer down on dorm-fridges because the kegs are too tall to slide in underneath it.

But, then again, most of the dorm-fridges people use for kegerators are only 4.5 cubic feet. You've got a lot more space inside that one if it's 6 cubic feet, but based on the dimensions listed for it, it's the same height as a 4.5 cubic foot fridge, so it must be wider or deeper.

pinlocks are a little shorter than ball locks, so you might be able to get a couple of them in there without having to mess with the freezer.

if you don't remove the freezer section, is it possible to run a tower through the top, or do you have to go through the door?

If you don't bend down the freezer coil the beer line that runs next to the freezer will freeze.

Back