CO2 taps in oz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfresh

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if one of my Oz counterparts could direct me to a place to purchase a 2way tap. I want to have 2 kegs but be able to carbonate one whilst still dispensing the other. I cant really afford another regulator so I would turn down the tap on the dispensing keg im thinking. Is there an all in one solution or will I need a T and then 2 taps?

Thanks in advance

cfresh

I think you'll need to clarify what you mean when you say 'tap'. That term has 2 primary uses when discussing beer service systems, neither of which seems to apply in the context you present.

The term 'tap' typically refers to either:
a) the faucet assembly, sometimes including the shank
images

or
b) a sankey keg valve/fitting
images

However, based on the context of your post it sounds like you are talking about trying to find a way to use a single regulator to send pressure to 2 different kegs. That is typically handled by using a manifold or a wye splitter.

One item of note: in order to pressurize 2 corney kegs at different PSI you need at least 2 regulators. 'Turning down' the pressure on a line requires regulation-- only partially opening a valve doesn't change the pressure of the delivery.

this is from the US, but are you after a regulator like this?
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/regulator/twoproduct/642-2.shtml

its the one I just ordered. two outputs, one pressure (but I am ok with that for now), and each output has its own valve. So you close the valve to your keg on tap, then open the one to the keg you're fast force carbing, then switch back when you're done.
maybe that picture will at least help you find all the parts locally.

this is what i have, and what i think you are wanting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Taprite-Dual-Ou...ryZ38172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

to be honest i bought this a couple years ago, used it a handful of times, but now use a single regulator with a manifold. turn off the 'tapped' keg, turn the psi up to 28 or 30 to force carbonate the other keg, turn off the force carbonated keg, reduce pressure to serving (8 to 10 psi) then turn serving/'tapped' keg pressure back on.

have fun!

Sorry for the inaccurate description but yes I think I will either have to do 2 regulator thing as per Chris K or just you a T piece with 2 gas shutoff valves. Unfortunately the Beveragefactory have not responded to 2 emails I sent regarding if they ship to OZ so im trying to find somewhere local.

Latest posts

Back