Why We Split Up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewshound

Reaction score
WHY WE SPLIT UP ---

...She told me we couldn't afford beer anymore and I'd have to quit.
...Then I caught her spending $65.00 on make-up.
...And I asked how come I had to give up stuff and not her.
...She said she needed the make-up to look pretty for me.
...I told her that was what the beer was for.

I don't think she's coming back........

:D
Not sure if that was just a joke or truth but I just had that conversation as well. It was the $74 haircut and "hair product" then the $25 manicure; and I got the "you said this last batch was going to be $15 and it was $24" diatribe. :confused:

I forgot my IPA costs $24 and the Dude's LWPA costs me $15 (less yeast). Whatever...

We can never agree on what to limit our spending to, or what's a worthy or unworthy purchase. Income is greater than spending, so that's all that matters. As long as it's not too big and doesn't take up too much space, she doesn't care. And as long as it's not too stupid and useless, I don't care.

Cheesefood said:
Income is greater than spending, so that's all that matters.

Excellent approach - many count income+credit card(s) limit as income nowadays :confused:.

desertBrew said:
Excellent approach - many count income+credit card(s) limit as income nowadays :confused:.

Yeah, I had the CC problem too, until I met my wife. She bailed me out and taught me that poor people nickle and dime themselves to death. Nowadays, every time I want to buy something cool, fun and expensive, I think about how much more cool and fun it will be to retire at 65.

Back