What to brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazarous

Reaction score
So I'm not sure what to brew this week, I have a ton of tettnanger and hersbrucker hops so I'd like to use them but other than that I'm open to anything. I also am still building my brewery so I don't have a temp controlled fermentation chamber, and with ambient temps in the mid to high sixties some styles my not be suited. My question is what should I brew? Anyone have a cool suggestion of a good brew to whip up?

So I'm not sure what to brew this week, I have a ton of tettnanger and hersbrucker hops so I'd like to use them but other than that I'm open to anything. I also am still building my brewery so I don't have a temp controlled fermentation chamber, and with ambient temps in the mid to high sixties some styles my not be suited. My question is what should I brew? Anyone have a cool suggestion of a good brew to whip up?

You could try something I'm going to soon - a noble-hop IPA. I've got Saaz, Tett, and Hallertau and I'm going to get some Mittelfruh. I want to do it with typical IPA bitterness and large volume late additions. If it's good it'll be something unique, as far as I know, that you can't get off the shelf. All you really need is some 2-row, a little caramel if you want, and wyeast 1056 or similar.

How about this: a malt bill for a hefeweizen, a clean fermenting strain like Chico, your noble hops at early and mid-boil additions and fresh ginger and lemongrass for flavor and aroma. Sounds nice to me.

Latest posts

Back