Help me work on my keg setup...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
I've already got the kegs, I've been working off picnic taps but want to make a kegerator.

Is the shank length dependent on door width?
Would 6 ft. hose be enough ( I brew a lot of Hefes)?
Has anyone bought there hosing from Home Depot to safe money, would this work?
Perlick the way to go, or are the cheeper chrome faucets fine?

cheap non forward sealing faucets will stick unless you use them regularly. but they are way cheaper.

i would buy beverage hose. its not that much more expensive and you dont have to worry about chemicals leaching into your beer. buy some when you are placing an order online for other brew stuff. or even when you buy faucets

i would say the longer that you can get your hose the better, maybe shoot for 10ft.

shank depends on widrth. I use 5 feet of hosing and some brews fiz on me a bit but there pretty goos. I wish i had bought perlicks but there pricy. If you dont draw from the tap daily the chrome ones can gum up on you

If you are going to have multipal taps, Plan 1 tap for your Hefe with a longer hose, and the other hose lenghs for the styles you often brew. I useually use a 10, 7 and 5 foot line for the 3 I usually brew (Hefe, typical ale, porter/stout)

plan your shank about 2 inches longer than the thickness of thatever they are going through. Too long isn't an issue, too short is.

+1 on Perlicks. You don't want the cheap faucets, and the perlicks are not much more than the better quality rear sealing gaucets.

If you are going to have multipal taps, Plan 1 tap for your Hefe with a longer hose, and the other hose lenghs for the styles you often brew. I useually use a 10, 7 and 5 foot line for the 3 I usually brew (Hefe, typical ale, porter/stout)

plan your shank about 2 inches longer than the thickness of thatever they are going through. Too long isn't an issue, too short is.

+1 on Perlicks. You don't want the cheap faucets, and the perlicks are not much more than the better quality rear sealing gaucets.

Noticed you mentioned the stout...Do you have a stout faucet?

Latest posts

Back