Hot Surface Igniter S8910U Glowfly Q3200U Burner Automation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimWeber

Reaction score
I have had an intermittent pilot Y8610U kit installed on my Rig for a while now. It works ok, but the random EMI keeps resetting my BCS controller and it's quite irksome.

I just ran across the GlowFly hot surface igniter and hot surface igniters in general. Like all things HVAC it seems the industry doesn't like letting us know all the details on how to install these things.

First question, can I merely replace my spark igniter with the glowfly? I am guessing not.

Second, if not, I guess I will need to buy the Universal Hot Surface Ignition Module S8910U and the glowfly Q3200U. It looks like I need a thermocouple, does anyone know which part number I should get with that. And finally will this work with the VR8304M valve that came with my Y8610U kit. Do I need anything else?

Thanks guys. I have a feeling this information would be useful to a lot of us. I wish the instruction books had a little more information.

Back