alcohol heat after tast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk1271

Reaction score
Ok

I have a little alcohol heat on mouth off flavor. I have this beer kegged. Will this flaw correct it self with age if it is in a keg in frige? The style beer is a pale ale that I used kolosh white labs yeast to ferm. I pitche with a starter with good aeration. The ambient temp in my house during ferm was 67-70. During my mash I went for a dry beer so I mashed at 148. This was all grain not a mini mash.

So my main question is, will this flaw age out and mellow in a cold keg? I will drink it either way.

sounds like possibly fusels. they can fade, but sometimes it takes awhile.

I had a high fusel beer that I aged in room temperature for a few months to try and let the fusels mellow and had no luck. I have no experience storing it in cold, but my assumption would be that it would be slower to fade when temperature is in the 30's.

I would keep it for as long as I didn't need the keg space. Then when I did, just bottle a six or twelve pack and let them do there thing for a year.

Back