The problem with kegging is...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevedasleeve

Reaction score
all your eggs in one basket! I was kegging an experimental never-to-be-repeated ale and the damn keg fell off it's perch and spilled all over the floor. The irony was that at that precise moment I was telling my wife that I had finally brewed a beer where every aspect from boil to (keg) was perfectly executed!! I lost maybe a gallon since my wife, all 6'2" of muscle and reflexes, grabbed the keg an uprighted it mid spill while I yelled colorful metaphors!

sds

Im sorry for your lost.... I hope you have a dog :) But the same could happen with a bottling bucket ... i always tought about how disastrous it would be :eek:P

Keep us posted on the result of this never-to-be-repeated ale !!

What was the recipe, style ?

all your eggs in one basket! I was kegging an experimental never-to-be-repeated ale and the damn keg fell off it's perch and spilled all over the floor. The irony was that at that precise moment I was telling my wife that I had finally brewed a beer where every aspect from boil to (keg) was perfectly executed!! I lost maybe a gallon since my wife, all 6'2" of muscle and reflexes, grabbed the keg an uprighted it mid spill while I yelled colorful metaphors!

sds

Put the damn thing on the floor! what are ya doing with your keg perched in some precarious position anyway?

No dog, but a quick (beer/inebriant inspired) clean up and all is fine now!

The beer is a hybrid English/American ale, not quite dark, no quite light, mashed low, no crystal malts + a mix of 3 countries hops + a bit of black barley for fun. Might be great...!

Well the keg was on a chair because so I could siphon in and have the hose reach the bottom. Normally I start and then suddenly realize my hose is a bit short so I have to lift the keg till the beer is up high enough.

Oh and my wife was in the WWF in the 80's. I am 2" shorter but I have a longer reach (!) My daughter, now 21, is kind of petite at 5'4" but yes she did rule the class!

PS separate the second sentence from the thread and you have a T-shirt!

"Normally I start and then suddenly realize my hose is a bit short so I have to lift the keg till the beer is up high enough."

Oh never mind...!

C'mon man!! We need more info. Who's your wife?? Dad and I watched the WWF all the time in the 80's and 90's. When I was in college, working for the radio station, I even went to the Nation Wrestling Museum and Hall of Fame, and got to interview Mad Dog Vachon! Freaking awesome. He was like the godfather, all the other wrestlers still seamed terrified of him.

Now you have to tell us or we'll all assume it's The Faluous Moolah!
08.jpg

She trained with Moolah. She was Mad Maxine when she was a bad character and Lady Maxine when she was a good character. She was touted as being 6'6" but she is actually 6'2" and a real sweetheart. She did have a Mohawk back then so looked taller!. She went into the WWF as a writer/journalist and an athlete to put some color in her life, and to have good stuff to write about. This year she began writing again and will publish a book of memoirs associated with the few years she was a pro wrestler. My job is to keep her in beer!

She trained with Moolah. She was Mad Maxine when she was a bad character and Lady Maxine when she was a good character. She was touted as being 6'6" but she is actually 6'2" and a real sweetheart. She did have a Mohawk back then so looked taller!. She went into the WWF as a writer/journalist and an athlete to put some color in her life, and to have good stuff to write about. This year she began writing again and will publish a book of memoirs associated with the few years she was a pro wrestler. My job is to keep her in beer!

Epic, Sir. :mug:

Cute right?! Like I said she is sweet as can be and more importantly she likes a good hoppy IPA. My house IPA is Soaring Suplex IPA after one of her best moves, the house amber is Flying Scissor Head amber, 65 IBUs, 6.5% ABV, & gets me a little skin action when I brew it... if ya no wot ah mean...

Steve da sleeve

Back