False Bottome Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stTimer

Reaction score
Ok, so I finally gave in and got a nice false bottom for my mlt. I was so excited to finally use it 2 weeks ago. Everything was going great in the brewing until the stuck sparge from HELL!! I had never had a stuck sparge period, let alone this beast of one. I ended up having to dump my mlt out completely and switch the false bottom out for the old braid. After some research it turns out I was not using the correct type of hose to run from the fb to the inside of the spigot. I was using a basic hose that you use to drain the tun.

So my question is this, what type of hose should I be using and where can I find it? Ideally I would use copper or cpvc but I am brewing Friday and the hose just seems like the easiest and quickest solution. Or if anyone can refer to a page on how to make a copper or cpvc connection that would be great as well. I’m not the handiest of people and don’t have a lot of tools at my disposal.

Thanks as always fellow brewers. CHEERS!!
:mug:

Usually you use thick wall (1/8") silicone. How long a piece do you need? Is your tubing 1/2" inside diameter? I can send a foot of 1/2" silicone tomorrow in a priority envelope and you should have it by sometime on Friday. Pm
me of you need it.

Wow ma, I really appreciate the offer. I believe youre right on the 1/2 inch. If its not a pain for you I would really appreciate it. I will shoot you a pm now.

Back