Your opinions & reviews...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gratus fermentatio

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT promoting this, I've never used it & know very little about it; I'm asking YOU what you think about it.

https://www.nuwavepic.com/

I know how induction works, no mystery there. What got my attention was the temperature control. If it's accurate, I could use this (with the proper pot) to mash far more accurately than I do now. I could brew on my wooden deck without risk of fire.

I do mostly PM's & BIAB type brews & use my electric stove for mashing/boiling & I use a candy thermometer to monitor temps. The Nuwave thing SEEMS like it could be very handy for me, but I'd like some of your opinions & especially any reviews from those who've actually used the thing. Does it work? Is it accurate? Is it worth it?

Post your thoughts, not much time left to get in on the BOGO offer & I'll make my descision based on your feedback.
Thanks in advance.
Regards, GF.

Just installed a convection cooktop in our kitchen. Have not brewed on it - but I would love something like this for decoction brewing. I think it could work - would depend on the volume of liquid you are working with and the power of these units. All convection elements are not equal and I would expect that these are going to be lower power units at this price point.

Temp control is outstanding on this type of element (given the right kind of pot).

Any idea what the wattage is?

Quick checked - wattage looks like 1300. A commercial grade 12" burner is rated around 3000 watts (11,000 btu equivalent). My cooktop has an 11" element rated at 3600 watts.

My guess - these aren't going to have the horsepower to do what you want to do. Might be useful for making small batches or starters or something like that.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE OP'S POST.

It opened a bunch of popups and I wouldn't be surprised if the website has potential virus issues.

@ jsv1204: Thanks for the review, I hadn't thought about the wattage, though I should have.

@ Darwin18: Odd, I don't get any popups of any kind when I click on the link; I didn't yesterday when I pasted the link either. I always check links after I've pasted them to verify that they work.

Regards, GF.

I've seen the commercials.

The 4am TxBrew wants one, but the 8am TxBrew thinks it would be money better spent on curing hiccups.

Back