noob yeast question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arau

Reaction score
i have a bottle of liquid madeira yeast in my fridge. can i use that for my mead? if so should i use the whole thing? it says the bottle is sufficient for 30 liters (8 gallons) but i'm only gonna be making a 10 liter batch (2.5 gallons). what kind of flavor would it produce and what is it's alcohol tolerance?

What yeast exactly are you using? If it was made by the right company, they should have a bunch of info about it on their website.

well i did some searching and apparently lots of people use madeira yeast, which is of course better than bread yeast (which i am ashamed to say i am using for a one gallon batch. i didn't have anything else). so the next batch i'm making, which will be nerro's sour citrus melomel, i'll just add the whole bottle to the 2.5 gallons.

does that sound ok?

btw, the website of the company i bought it from is not very good, so i didn't get much info from it

Back