Hails from Ft Riley, Kansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmoth

Reaction score
I'm a soldiers wife. I'm a homemaker, going to college next month for agriculture. I homebrew. I've mainly done mead, but I've also done a brewers best kit for a brown ale. I consider myself a "baby brewer." I've only made two batches of alcohol all by my lonesome. My goal is to make porter, stout, and imperial stout.

I'd love to meet and greet anyone who is near-by. I have a few friends that are really interested in homebrewing as well and I'm the most knowledgeable in the group for the time being. I know, it's sad, but we gotta start somewhere, right?

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

You found the right place to be sure! I bet you will have no problem finding folks to meet here at HBT.

What are your favorite beers/meads? What's your favorite brew that you have made so far?

A word of warning;
Be careful because we will have you doing all grain with your own brewing sculpture before you know what hits you! :rockin:

Welcome...:mug:

I've been out to Riley several times this year. I may have to go out again in Feb. I'll let you know if I do.

I'll bring the wife and you bring the husband and we'll go for some drinks/dining in Aggieville. The brisket at Pat's Blue Ribbon is great!! ;)

I'm also new here and stationed at Riley but live in Manhattan. I know for a fact there are a few other brewers in the area. Also Tallgrass is local and offer weekend tours and are also pretty helpful with home brewers.

Hello fellow KS brewers,

Please take a minute to join the Kansas brewers group (under Groups in the top menu). If you're a junior member, also make sure your inbox is clear. We're trying to put together a little brewing club and we'd like to contact you.

Here in Emporia, we have a brewing get-together once a year, but there's a big lack of camaraderie and sharing among brewers the other 364 days of the year. I've heard similar sentiments from fellow brewers across Kansas, and so I propose a solution: let's start a club!

While there are already clubs in a few KS cities, I know most brewers would be willing to travel an hour or so to attend brewing tastings/competitions, and would love to share information with each other about events, recipes, etc.

To begin, we could share events in our towns with each other. In time, if we want, we could share recipes or even organize tastings, brew sessions, swaps, and friendly competitions.

I started a site at http://kansasbrewers.weebly.com. I thought this would be the easiest way to share info with each other. If you're interested, have suggestions, or are passing through Emporia and want to talk/drink beer, let me know!

Cheers,
Anthony

Back