bayou classic burner backdraft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TipsyDragon

Reaction score
This past weekend my friend and I made a 10 gallon batch of an Imperial Stout. Every thing went just fine except for a few problems with our brand new first time used Bayou Classic burner. If we turned the gas up to high the flames up top would go out and fire would start shooting out the vents near where the gas line comes in. As you can imagine this was a little frightening for us. As long as we didn't turn the gas past a certain point we where fine.

anyone else have this problem?

also it might be worth noting that we had the vents open all the way.

Are you using the stand it came with? or did you put it on your brewstand? It sounds like the burner is to close to the pot if its on your brew stand. What type of BK do you use?

we are using the stand that came with the burner. Our BK is a standard 20 gallon aluminum pot.

Thats odd. I have the SQ14 burner and I to leave the air vents all the way open, but have never had a problem with mine. Hopefully you get it figured out.

Back