Possible Stuck Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Br3wDaddy

Reaction score
HELP!

I may have a stuck fermentation. I am currently in Ferm of an Irish Stout. It was set to Ferm 2/7/2011 and noticed no airlock activity 2/10/2011. Ferm temp is a consistent 72F. OG:1.044 SG: 1.020 (as of 2/10) Pre-determined FG: 1.011. Yeast pitched at 73F. Am I stuck or is the the superman of yeasts...(Brewers Best Nottingham yeasts)

You are worrying about your gravity after 3 days of fermentation? Give it a few weeks then worry. For now, begin planning your next brew.

Agreed, give it more time (like 2-3 weeks), it will get there. 72F also seems a little warm for fermenting.

i just made an Irish Stout it took 18 days and my og was1.045 and my fg was 1.019
this beer came out awesome i would wait awhile to let it sit

Yeah I know I have plenty of time on the ferm. I was more concerned about the Co2 not expelling via airlock. This is my first go at this new set up so I'm just covering some bases and gathering opinions just in case

Back