A quick #9 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAS98M

Reaction score
So my #9 clone is done with it's primary fermentation, now I have to add the apricot extract-it's supposed to be added to the secondary.....I keg my beer,and add some priming sugar-So....Can I add the extract at the same time I keg it and add the dextrose ? I let the beer sit in the keg for just over a week then "test er out" . What do ya all think ?? Lemme know. Shane

yes, it will be fine, there isn't a whole lot of sugar in the extract. Go easy though, you can always add more later, 2oz was too much in my opinion. Why are you adding dextrose to the keg?

Colorado-I don't force carbonate the kegs,I use less than the specified amount and let them set a week prior to chilling,I did plan on starting with less apr.extr.and working up.
Krispy- I don't know why,other than I had a case awhile back and really liked it,besides it gave me a good reason to try the home brew recipe....
Thanks,Drunken-That's what I'll do then. Shane

I like to add it before I add it to the bottling bucket, even if I'm kegging. If you start out with less, you can test it and add more if you want before you bottle or put it in the keg.

I have brewed the #9 clone a few times... I always add it to the keg... dont want to loose any of the extract in secondary...

krispy d said:
the real question is why would you want to clone number 9?

;) I kid.

Best advice, is go easy, you can always add more.

So you can add CHERRY flavor, instead of the apricot! :mug:

My Popped Cherry #9 has been a big hit. It's nothing more than the CloneBrew recipe, with cherry extract (full 4oz bottle) rather than the apricot.

Back