First Strawberry Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukinfuts29

Reaction score
Used this recipe from Keller, and altered it a bit:

3 lbs. fresh strawberries
2-1/2 lbs. granulated sugar
2 tsp. citric acid
water to make 1 gallon
wine yeast & nutrient

Place all ingredients except yeast in crock. Crush fruit with hands and cover with 5 pints boiling water. Stir with wooden paddle to dissolve sugar and simultaneously mash the strawberries. When cooled to 85 degrees F., add yeast. Cover and stir daily. Strain on 7th day, transfer to secondary fermentation vessel, top up to one gallon, fit fermentation trap, and set aside. Rack after 30 days and again after additional 30 days. Bottle when clear. Allow to age at least 6 months. Will improve to one year.

Changes:

Scaled up for 5 gallons.
Added one 11oz cans of strawberry juice concentrate
Used Montrachet
Will not rack after thirty days. Will rack at three months and bottle in November.

Looks like it will be good . You don't know a good one to use if I wanted kiwi in it to do ya? The wife would love a good strawberries an kiwi wine .

Than you nukinfuts for the link . Please let Mr know how yous ends up cause I want to try it when I get some free buckets

Sure, I will keep this updated. Keep in mind the taste as it goes into secondary will not represent the final product, which I won't try until Christmas 2012.

God I was drunk sorry you had to try and figger out what I was writing ... I tried some strawberry wine last night . It was not bad. But it was a kit wine . I want to try one that's home made.

Back