All Ale the West coast (and there abouts)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are two great beers, from two great breweries! My homebrew club has close ties to both.

Funny, both have been readily available for so long on this coast that they really are considered quite commonplace and nothing "special." SNPA is even available in some warehouse type stores, like Costco or Smart & Final. Even convenience store sometimes carry them, next to the Bud & Coors.

Just done the steam. Great colour and enjoyable.

I remember my first one, at a San Francisco pub in the mid-eighties. Still love it.

My homebrew club won Anchor's HBC of the Year award for 2007, and we were invited for a tour and bbq and party at their brewery. Pretty cool eating lunch in view of the boilers, tuns and open fermenters. The open bar was pretty cool as well. :ban:

lautertun.jpg

b23.jpg

Those two are the flagships of the revolution!

I am amused by Anchor's trademark on Steam Beer. They could have been the grand old dame of the style, but now they are in a class of one.

Back