Thank you...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mciaio

Reaction score
... to all that helped me with my questions. Because of you I completed my first all grain batch today, with only 1 extract batch under my belt. A Blonde Ale recipe I made myself with help from Beersmith. Done with two six gallon pots, mash tun cooler, electric flattop stove. Full 5.75 gallon boil, just had the pot wrapped with a hotel towel.

I was shooting for 1.053 and got 1.049 after the boil. I am happy with that. 69.8% efficiency. I calculated my water wrong so I had to do three batch sparges. Ended up leaving some water in the MTC. I made some mistakes but I am over all happy with the day. Now I know what to correct on the next batch.

Again, thanks. :mug:

How long did it take your 5.75 volume to boil with the towel wrapped pot on the flat-top?

You know, I don't recall because I was spackling a wall at the same time. I would just go back and check the pot every couple of minutes. I would guess it took about 15-20 minutes to go from mash temp. (170-180) to boil with the lid on. Once I hit boil I took the lid completely off and maintained the boil.

Regardless I was pleased with the time.

Latest posts

Back