Getting ready to bottle question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlezracer

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to bottle my first kit from northern brewer. Its a nut brown ale. In my instructions It says 2/3 cup corn sugar or 5/8 cup table sugar. In the kit is 5oz of brewer's best priming sugar. Is Brewer's best priming sugar corn sugar or table sugar? Thanks.

All the NB kits come with 5oz of corn sugar. I always opt out and buy my own. It is significantly cheaper by the pound.

Tastybrew recommends 3.1oz of priming sugar. Northern Brewer recommends 4.23oz. Even if you don't have a scale, you can eyeball it in there somewhere. A scant 2/3 cup will even work in a pinch.

they all work that way,even the tastybrew one. You select the style 1st. It also depends on the maximum for the style. What it recommends is with your temp & total volume as well. It figures in the amount of dissolved co2 there would be too.

they all work that way,even the tastybrew one. You select the style 1st. It also depends on the maximum for the style. What it recommends is with your temp & total volume as well. It figures in the amount of dissolved co2 there would be too.

Yep I know, he might not though.......... My first CO2 calculator was a gem that I pulled off the net on a web board in the mid 1990's, it was an Aussie paper, and you had to do math.....gasp....

Thanks guys, I do have a oz scale to that is what im going to do. As stated Im new to this and had no idea of the scale. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back