New Section suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmoor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I spend way too much time in forums throughout the day. Bikes, Beer, Electronics, Kayaking, and a few more from time to time. What I have recently noticed is that some of the forums have an off-topic section for Music.

This has been a great source for new music. Each different forum seems to bring a different overall style of music to it. With each of the forums bringing different types of people, I though homebrewtalk would have great diversity in music listening habits.

So maybe a Music sub-section in the Home Brewing Community section or members area.

What do you think?

While I appreciate music, and have an interest in finding new, good, music, I don't think I'd vote for another subforum just for that.

HBT has a few "OT" forums, some of which are related to brewing in some form, and a few not really. Having yet another OT forum would only really serve to clutter the site IMO.

However, I would not mind seeing a thread started in which people could discuss music, and share knowledge of unknown, or obscure music. Perhaps in time, if the thread grew enough, The Mods might deem that a subforum just for music is in order.

However, I would not mind seeing a thread started in which people could discuss music, and share knowledge of unknown, or obscure music. Perhaps in time, if the thread grew enough, The Mods might deem that a subforum just for music is in order.

I see your point, though I believe a single thread would not cover the diversity in topics. I would also question where the single thread would be posted where it would not get lost in obscurity. I also believe that HBT in comparison to other great forums out there, has a relatively small amount of sub-forums. I would not really see this as creating clutter but rather adding a useful community feature.

In light of your opinion though, I believe I will try and start a single thread somewhere to gauge the responses. If you do a search for the word music, you will find a bunch of threads related to the topic. Some asking for new music. Some asking for help with music software, and general threads about the state of music as an industry. I think the interest is there.

The interest may be there. I hope others chime in with their opinions on the matter.

I would like to add that HBT does has a small amount of subforums and that is one characteristic about it that I like.

I imagine that there has to be at least one or two very awesome boards out there that have music as their main topic.

Back