Hemp stalks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edufur

Reaction score
Has anyone considered roasting hemp stalks and placing them in the secondary? Almost like the concept of oak chips?

I have always given the advice that it is best to pick one vice and stick with it. Either alcohol, women, or drugs. It is usually not a good idea to mix them.

I have always given the advice that it is best to pick one vice and stick with it. Either alcohol, women, or drugs. It is usually not a good idea to mix them.

Actually I found the mixing the vice of alcohol and women can work out pretty well at times!

Mixing those vices used to work out great for me:mug:

I've since calmed down a little.

Actually I found the mixing the vice of alcohol and women can work out pretty well at times!

I did that once and ended up with an Irish woman who hid vodka bottles around my house and was extremely expensive to get rid of.

This is a serious question about accent flavoring. Hemp stalks contain NO THC. They have no stoner value. So it isn't for any purpose other than possible accenting. Considering hops are a relative, didn't seem to crazy an idea. I bet plenty of stalks are easy to come by in washington or colorado. Seems like an otherwise throw out item.

Don't know if I have ever eaten hemp, have had the seeds on somethings. When hemp jewlery gets wet it gets a real catty smell and not in a good way like hops so not sure how well that would work in beer.

I did that once and ended up with an Irish woman who hid vodka bottles around my house and was extremely expensive to get rid of.

Yeh, there's a catch.
When the alcohol fades, the woman needs to fade away too.

Great idea I'm going to give this a try. Try roasting and steeping in a tea...boil a separate batch to compare flavors.

I bet plenty of stalks are easy to come by in washington or colorado./QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that they do not call it hemp in those states since they are interested in the THC.

If you were to look around the Indian reservations in South Dakota you would find hemp growing wild because they tried unsuccessfully to farm it a few years back.

Don't know if I have ever eaten hemp, have had the seeds on somethings. When hemp jewlery gets wet it gets a real catty smell and not in a good way like hops so not sure how well that would work in beer.

I bet that if oak fibers were made into cloth or jewelry, it too would smell weird if it got wet or was manhandled by hippies. But oak chips having soaked in beer tastes wonderful.

Back