I have never cared for Budweiser.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impatient

Reaction score
SWMBO was going to the store. I told her to get a sixer of some pry-offs this way I am constantly increasing my supply of bottles.

Well, she comes back with Budweiser American Ale. I was sceptical and didnt think I would care for it. However, I was supprised when I opened one up. The beer has a nicely balanced flavor with a fair amount of body. And, the Cascade hops are noticeable as well.

Budweiser American Ale beer has nothing on the Saranac IPA I had before that, but it is drinkable anyway.

Becks had to have something to do with this.

Cheaper bottles anyway.

I will say that I really enjoyed the Budweiser American Ale as well. It shocked me that it tasted as good as it did. I never expected a huge commercial beer like Budweiser to make something as crafty as they have.

i havent tried it, sounds like i may have to give it a shot as just a cheap easy to find beer.

Years ago (before I brewed) SWMBO brought home a 12 pack of Milwaukee's Best Light because it was on sale Once..

I never expected a huge commercial beer like Budweiser to make something as crafty as they have.
Most don't realize Blue Moon is from Coors. It was bound to happen, there is a growing market for craft beer, it was only a matter of time before BMC got into the game. I have no doubt they will produce some very drinkable crafts.

i havent tried it, sounds like i may have to give it a shot as just a cheap easy to find beer.

I don't know about cheap....I haven't tried it yet but all the stores I've seen it in are selling at "import" prices--around $7 / six pack.

One thing that you will notice is that the bottles are made of thicker glass than say a Sam Adams. Also the labels are so easy to remove, all you need to do is soak them for about 10 minutes in hot water and then peel off the labels. Hit them with a scrubber pad to remove the glue and you are on to the next.

Also, $7 for a 6 pack of this beer prices it about $1 over most BMC beers... how is that "import" pricing? Maybe its due to locale or whatever but Craft/Imports are priced about $9+ in these here parts.

I don't know about cheap....I haven't tried it yet but all the stores I've seen it in are selling at "import" prices--around $7 / six pack.

its cheaper than most of the craft style beers here. most of the small brewery stuff like magic hat, ithica and others are $8.50+

until recently i didnt know blue moon was made by coors.

There's a ctually a review thread on it where we all contributed to it when it first came out.

It's better than I though it would be...and it is way maltier than I thought they'd go (I was thinking they'd do a pale or amber....something even wimpier than it realy is.)

I pick it up when I have a gap in pipeline and I'm broke...But I lurve the bottles...

I have bought 4 sixers of it so I have a case of em. I think they are one of the coolest shaped bottles in the market, and they are really thick too.

And in Detroit it's under 6 bucks for a six pack..far below premium...

Also, $7 for a 6 pack of this beer prices it about $1 over most BMC beers... how is that "import" pricing? Maybe its due to locale or whatever but Craft/Imports are priced about $9+ in these here parts.

Must be locale then....here you can get a 30-pack of BMC for under $18, so a little under $4/six pack. "Standard" import/craft beers like Bass, Corona, Newcastle, Sam Adams, etc sell for about $7-$8 per six pack.

Must be locale then....here you can get a 30-pack of BMC for under $18, so a little under $4/six pack. "Standard" import/craft beers like Bass, Corona, Newcastle, Sam Adams, etc sell for about $7-$8 per six pack.

Oh, wait, are those 30-packs for bottles, or cans?

I did not realize that the Bud Ale bottles were different. I've only had it on tap. Might check them out. I might consider buying it if I need bottles at some point.

Oh, wait, are those 30-packs for bottles, or cans?

I did not realize that the Bud Ale bottles were different. I've only had it on tap. Might check them out. I might consider buying it if I need bottles at some point.

It's got intersting shoulders...

budweiser-american-ale.jpg

I agree i was pleasently surprised when I pryed the top off Bud American Ale.

snifff!!!! ahhh. that sweet aroma of cascades.

i wasn't sure budweiser knew what hops were prior to this Ale coming out.

Can say that I actually will drink the American Ale also.....plus....the 22 oz'ers are pop top...no twist.... A double win...

I was pleasantly surprised as well. I am quite glad they came out with this, actually. Now when I go to a place that will only carry BMC, I can always at least find this as a good backup.

I do remember when I was in Kansas filming a show for Speed Vision that your beer was dirt cheap there, so were the cigarettes now that I come to think of it. I remember one night going to the local gas station and getting a 12pk of Bud Light, 2 energy drinks, 2 packs of smokes, and a bottle of water for like $21. ****, in Michigan the 2 packs of smokes would have been more than half of that total.

Drinking a 22oz of American Ale right now. God I love this stuff for a BMC beer. Does this make me no longer an EAC?

Becks had to have something to do with this.

Why is that? I HIGHLY doubt that there has really been any form of knowledge exchange/sharing amount Anheuser-Busch and Inbev for the most part so far. And even if... Becks is in the process of getting sold to a German brewery consortium anyway :drunk:

I make my wife by mine so nobody sees me in the grocery store with it :D

I think it's a very drinkable session beer. And I totally concur on the bottles - I have a number of them in my rotation.

Why is that? I HIGHLY doubt that there has really been any form of knowledge exchange/sharing amount Anheuser-Busch and Inbev for the most part so far. And even if... Becks is in the process of getting sold to a German brewery consortium anyway :drunk:

It was sarcasm. I highly doubt any exchange has taked place either. I just thought it convenient that Bud has turned out nothing but crap, IMHO, until they sell the lot.

I'm not a huge fan of BAA, but better than most.

On tap is a whole different story, changes the attitude of the beer and gives it more of a craft presents

My beer distributor gave me a bottle of Bud American Ale to try. I tried it. It wasn't bad. But there's something that makes Budweiser taste like it does. And there american ale is no exception. Very distinct. Like the bottles, not the beer.

That flavor, is it rice or corn?

I'm a big fan of Bud, you can drink it the world over and its always good.

I was at a funeral recently that quickly turned into a party (the deceased would have wanted it that way). The beer selection was Budweiser, Bud Light, and Miller Lite. I drank 18 buds in 10 hours. Ice cold, straight from the bottle, they were wonderful.

Before I started brewing I could barely choke the stuff down. Now that I have developed a greater appreciation for beer, I also have a greater appreciation for what it takes to make beers like Budweiser.

The last time I actually enjoyed a beer was when it was 100°↑ outside and I decided to walk to the local sports bar and grill. The bud on tap tasted so very good.
The time before that was at a relative's wedding and another relative brought some homebrew.

To be honest, I thought Budweiser's American Ale was total, unbelievable crap. To me, it just made me think they took their lager recipe, added a slightly darker malt and some poorly-kept hops, and used an ale yeast. I literally disliked it more than regular Budweiser, and that is saying something.

Horrible beer. But maybe I got bad bottle?

To the above poster ^^^ I have gotten bad BAA before at a sports bar, I was excited that they had it on tap so I ordered a Tall and after the first 2 sips it became quite apparent that this batch had gone bad. It tasted skunky and estery. It was undrinkable eventhough I choked down about half of it. I finally conceedd victory to the beer and gave up, and then ordered something else.

Latest posts

Back