Warbird Brewery closes - RIP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they just started too big or just had bad terms on the money. Five years and six state distribution makes me think the former. 95% chance someone else will buy the brewery and re-start. There's one place in Portland that went through four owners before it hit. The third try, they had fantastic food, but the beer wasn't very good.

That actually improves the chances of someone buying in. The place I mentioned is purely a brewery now. The new owners didn't want to divide their attention and money.

It is too bad...

I enjoyed thier beer, and I enjoyed the story behind it (loving aviation myself).

I have a friend in Ft Wayne that was close to those guys. But, I have always heard that if you start a brew pub, the food pays the bills until the brewery takes hold... just what I have heard, then again, I hear (read) a lot of things that arent true.

Back