Grownup baseball cards

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoolyBooger

Reaction score
Is it just me or is trading homebrews with a buddy like trading grownup baseball cards? I was just talking with a buddy from back home about my upcoming visit. We both homebrew and negotiated a trade. There is something about it that is so nostalgic... There is just something great about sharing something you made with your own two hands. It's even better when a good buddy reciprocates!

If say it is similar. I recently met up with my brother and we swapped brews. Mine were, not being cocky or anything, substantially better than his, and I could tell that he had fermented higher and his priming sugar was off, but man, I really liked just sharing brews and dissecting the flavors. I think he was embarrassed about his beers, but I think my beers may have inspired him, so it was a good thing. It's funny how much you learn just in drinking beer.

daksin said:
I don't know, I've never run down to the 7-11 on a Sunday morning with my allowance money to grab a couple of packs of brew.

i won't say I'm proud to say it, but I may have.....

There's definitely something to that analogy, but for me it's more of a collecting than a trading thing. I have plenty of beer in my fridge, in my kegs, but if I happen to pass by a nice beer store, I can't help but go in, and more often than not, I'm buying something I don't need.

20 years ago, I just *had* to try the new pack of Upper Deck cards to try to find the Gary Sheffield error rookie card, or had to get my allowance of 3.50 doubled so I could afford one of the singles in the hard plastic under the glass at the card store.

Latest posts

Back