Cat tail brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oinyo

Reaction score
Ok. Its not really a cute fancy name but as I was pouring my ingred into the fermentation bucket my cat walked by all happy and.. splash. Her tail got right in the path of my pouring.

I dont exactly want to toss the batch because it took so damn long and its just the tip of the tail.

What do you think? Brew it or toss it? I know there is a world famouse brewer that puts his dogs hair in his brews and I figure if thats the case my beer should not come out toxic.

What do you guys think before I put more time and effort into this batch?

It'll be fine.

One time just as I finished milling my grain, one of our cats came over and gave a quick paw to the grain. I think he was envisioning a different use for my bucket of crushed grain! It became Cat Paw Pilsner.

Never toss a batch before it's done fermenting! Then, toss it only if you've let it age for a few months and it's still undrinkable.

With a sufficient dosage of yeast, your beer will be, in all probability, completely fine.

Back