Hello from Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Montana

Reaction score
I'm glad to be here amongst men of men! I just brewed my first batch about a month ago and I just cracked open my first bottle and I'm now in love...Brewer's Best IPA. Now the question is what's next? I've been looking around at the extract kits at Midwest, Austin HB, can anyone make any suggestions? Thank you and now it's time to get back to drinking...cheers!

I've bought several "clone" kits from austinhomebrew and can recommend them! They have many choices, and you can pick whatever you'd like. Otherwise, take a look at our recipe database, and all the styles listed. You can brew an extract version of just about anything you want, so if you see something you would like to try, you could ask one of us to convert it to extract for you if needed.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

Welcome! There are quite a few of us on HBT in the Chicago area. Do a search on "SNIZZLE". Glad to have another one!

The Austin Homebrew Supply kits get high marks here and AHS offers specials to forum members from time to time. Northern Brewer's kits are good, too. And, as Yooper said, we have a lot of recipes in the HBT recipe database. Some are extract, some partial mash and many all grain. They can all be converted pretty easily. Just ask.

Welcome, fellow Chicagoan! If you're looking for a HBS, you've come to the right place...there's a lot of them around here. In fact, when I started up, I was surprised to find two shops within a short drive from my home. I live in the western surburbs, and one of the shops is in St. Charles, and the other is in Aurora. There are others, too, but these are the closest to my area. Welcome!

Welcome! Lots of Chicago area guys. I like Midwest and Northern. They're closer than AHB and you'll get your stuff faster.

Back