the witches brew recipe???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cregar

Reaction score
ok.. I was on here a few days ago and saw aa recipe that started with "The Witches Brew" but I can't remember what the recipe was for or where it was... if anyone has seen it, could you please post a link.

I do know it was a scanned recipe that was uploaded.

Thanks

That was me. I have posted two recipes from my LHBS. One is for a Hefe, and the other one is for a Creme Stout. Both of which I have made several times and they are great! The name of the store is called "The Witches Brew". I will post them both. They are both scanned documents, and I saved them as jpg images. You can just right click on them and save the images to you computer.

untitled.jpg

Cremestout.jpg

I agree Evan, I though a pound was excessive as well, but I trusted the recipe, and boy did it come out great!

John

Here's an easy one, if you're an extract brewer.

6.6 # of extract, (we used Munton's @ 55% wheat)
1 oz of Hallertau pellets @ 30 min.
Whitelabs #300

boil 1.5 gal, add extract and bring back to boil. Add hops at rolling boil and continue for 30 min. Cool and ferment, adding water to equal 5 gal. Pitch at
<75 F.
Ours fermented for about 5 days, it's conditioning now, but tasted pretty good at bottling. We primed with just over 2/3 cup of corn sugar.
Very quick & easy to make, we got the recipe from Southern Brewer magazine.

Back