What do you carry your carboys in?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
I thought I read some where that people carry their glass carboys in milk crates, but not sure. I have both glass and better bottles(6.5, 6 and 5), but would like to put them in something sturdy to carry around in.

Also, I'm planning on getting a couple of 3 gallon glass carboys too, what can I use to carry those in?

I use one of those large Rubbermaid buckets with the rope handles to move my full carboys from point A to B.

I just picked up a couple "general landscaping buckets" from SatanMart for $5 and it survived with a full 6 gal in it. seems kind of flimsy, but it worked. I got two and doubled it up.

Milk crates work too

I use milk crates for my better bottles. Prevents the suck-back when you pick them up.

bearhands.jpg

Yes, milk crates. and I move them from point A to point B with a furniture cart. Cheers!!!

CarboyCaddy1.jpg

Now that's a good idea. The stairs may be a challenge, but still a great method!

I usually just carry mine. I have the carboy handle, but after hearing about the necks snapping with a full carboy, I started holding the neck with one hand, and grabbing the bottom of it with the other. Need to get some straps or crates!

i use milk crates with a piece of partical board cut to size in the bottom... the better bottles would still suck back the airlock fluid without the board in there. the brew hauler causes the better bottles to suck back even worse and thats from experience...

Before I got my hands on a milk crate, I just put the carboy in my brew pot, then used that to carry it out to my ferm chamber in the garage.

Back