No propane flow with my Bayou Classic SQ14

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeyes

Reaction score
I'm having problems this morning trying to get my SQ14 burner working. I have tried 3 tanks (2 of which are full). I can't seem to get any propane to flow. I have tried disconnecting and turning the regulator off and wait a few minutes. Then attached, turn the propane tank on slowly, try again and nothing. Everything looks fine about the burner and I can't figure it out. I’ve used it about 10 times so it’s still fairly new. Anyone else have similar problems?

I don't have one of those burners but recently had the same problem with our grill...the regulator was shot. Picked up a replacement at the local hardware store...fired right up the first time. Can't say this is your issue but might be! Good luck.

I don't have one of those burners but recently had the same problem with our grill...the regulator was shot. Picked up a replacement at the local hardware store...fired right up the first time. Can't say this is your issue but might be! Good luck.

I think you might be right. It seems like the gas is getting stuck at the regulator. When I take it off I can hear a tiny bit of gas escaping from it.

I would try resetting the valve in the bottles. People like to open valve to see if there is gas in bottle. shuts off the "LOF" safety valve.
Last fill the operator probably screwed them up. You have to depress the side piece in the throat of the valve. There is a tool available at the hardware that does that. Happens to me occasionally.
Or try on bar-b-que or other device to see if issue with regulator or bottle.

I would try resetting the valve in the bottles. People like to open valve to see if there is gas in bottle. shuts off the "LOF" safety valve.
Last fill the operator probably screwed them up. You have to depress the side piece in the throat of the valve. There is a tool available at the hardware that does that. Happens to me occasionally.
Or try on bar-b-que or other device to see if issue with regulator or bottle.

I hooked up the tank to my smoker and it works. I have tried several times to reset the regulator on the burner but still no gas flow.

Back