any have a list?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjasghar

Reaction score
Does anyone a list of tride and true fridges for kegs?

sanyo 4912 is one i've seen all over the place, how many does it hold?

also has anyone ever put the primary fermentior in the keggorater for brewing lager?

i'm looking for a way to fit 3 kegs or 1 keg and my primary in a fridge.

yeah the 4912 is the way to go if you want a new fridge.. i did take out my door shelves.. makes it a little easier to fit everything in there... but it is a GREAT fridge for the job...

homebrewer_99 said:
The 4912 holds 2 kegs and a 5# tank without modifying the door shelves. :D

I put pint glasses on my shelves. I don't use them, but some people like their glasses cold.

Why do most people remove the door shelf then?

cause it just makes for so much more room!

5436-misc030.jpg

it was a struggle for me to get all three in.. mostly because my regulator wye adapter was at a crazy angle..

I can get 3 kegs and a co2 tank in my 1952 Philco:D

I had a beer fridge made by General Motors. I would love to know how old that was. Died not too long ago.

I see you guys are keeping the co2 in the fridge. Mine was always outside. Does it matter?

Here's a pic of my converted (and painted) old Westinghouse.

I can fit 3 kegs and CO2 easily inside or 1 carboy and one keg. Right now I've got a lager in the carboy and a keg of hefe. Will add the 3rd tap later in the year.

This is the first lager I've tried so can't tell you if the "perceived" ease of cold fermentation is actually that, but I hit all of my temps pretty dead on by just tweaking the standard thermostat and removing/replacing the defrost plate between the freezer and fridge. That said, next time I'll definitely get an external thermostat for greater control.

NYeric said:
I had a beer fridge made by General Motors. I would love to know how old that was. Died not too long ago.

I see you guys are keeping the co2 in the fridge. Mine was always outside. Does it matter?

That was a REAL Frigidaire back before they were bought out by White Consolidated Industries who were bought out by AB Electrolux of Sweden.

Those were the days. Made in Dayton, Ohio.

Latest posts

Back