Continuous Hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dataz722

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can and how you would do continuous hopping in Beersmith? And if you can't do it is there anyway to approximate the effects aside from adding a new hop addition every 2 minutes.

I was going to go with adding a new hop addition every couple of minutes. I suppose you could space it out a bit more, like every 5 minutes. Some of my recipes already have 4-5 additions in the boil so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Have you got a rig set up to do continuous hopping? I'd like to see it if so.

No I am thinking just hanging out with a couple friends, light up some cigars and just hang out while tossing some pellets in every couple minutes.

And if you can't do it is there anyway to approximate the effects aside from adding a new hop addition every 2 minutes.

It's kinda like figuring the area under a curve. You can estimate by dividing the area into smaller and smaller rectangle. Gets more accurate the more rectangles you use.

But since "exactly" when you add the hops are variable, anyway, just pick an interval, like 5 minutes, and punch it in. The program can't figure out exactly when you add, anyway.

For the early adds, try and be a little more accurate, however, as the effect of early adds obviously have more impact on the calculation. Personally, I don't see a good reason to space out the "continuous" adds before 20 minutes, anyway, so just do a 60 minute and maybe one more before the tossing stage....

Back