Hello from NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRS

Reaction score
Whats up folks. Like many I've been lurking for awhile. Its always my go to place when I need to read up on something brew related. I've brewed extract kits so far, total of 5 and a buddy who is always around to help drink it decided to buy a kit. However he bought me an all grain kit, so I figured its time to register as I've got some serious reading (and asking) to do.

Its a toss up between northerns Caribou Slobber and Brewers Best Pumpkin Porter W/ a bit of pumpkin and brown sugar added. I order all my stuff through Northern most of the time. We have a LBS that has a small supply of brewers best kits and the basics in hand but prefer the freshness that I taste in northern kits.

I appreciate it guys. I'm hoping to piece together the needed supplies to go from extract to all grain. I'm sure I'll be begging for help and advice soon.

I too am from NC just north of Charlotte, NC. I am a extract brewer as well abd buy most of my items from tye alternative brew store. I have several things that i want to get into.. one being allwonderful grain brewing as well as growing my bittering and alpha hops. If anyone has any thoughts or places to research and purchace or insight please pass my way. Happy holidays and happy brewing folks.

Extract brewer here as well. I used to live in Asheville. I will be doing my first Partial Mash here soon (probably next brew) but I have always steeped.

Its a great hobby to get into, and you just get better with practice.

Man do I miss NC. Illinois suck when it comes to beer. Too close to Budweiser, all of the distributors suck. I miss Highland, Yeungling, Sweetwater, Catawba, Duck-Rabbit, to name a few that I really miss. Just can't get those here in Illinois.

God Brewing

Latest posts

Back