Help design my AG system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TampaBrewGuy

Reaction score
I am a previous home winemaker, and have decided to make the switch to homebrewing. I have studied the subject for some time now, reading How to Brew as well as a number of internet sources. This is something I have planned on doing for some time now, and have put much thought into.

I want to start with an AG system capable of doing 10 gallon batches. I don't to start with an extract or smaller AG system, only to end up upgrading after a few brews (and wasting $$$). This something I am going to be using for a long time.

I want to build a good quality system. It doesn't have to be the most sophisticated system out there, but needs to be able to brew effectively and be a good starting point for future upgrades.

I just need the brewing equipment. I have all the fermenting equipment from my winemaking days.

I probably have about $750 - $1000 to play with. What do you recommend? What type of system would you build? I love the looks of the single tier sculptures, but am thinking the march pumps might put me over budget. Any recs on burners, fittings, or other equipment? Cooler for MLT vs keggle? Any advice is appreciated.

Also diagrams or pics of your own systems are also helpful. Thanks

Take a look through my blog (under my avatar). I have laid out some detailed plans for several systems there. Also, take a look in the above thread and a perusal of the Pol's HERMS threads.

You can definitely get up and running for $1000 with a nice system that is easy to upgrade. Anymore questions let us know.

Back