What can I make with............?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onescalerguy

Reaction score
Ok,here's the deal.I bought some misc. ingredients from a LHBS but didn't hava a recipe.So if I tell you what I got could someone tell me what I can make?Specifically a recipe or a dozen.This will be my first all-grain also.Thanks in advance.

I have:10 lbs. 2-row
1lb. flaked wheat
2oz. domestic Cascade hops
1oz. Czech Saaz hops
1oz. German Hallertaur hops
2oz. domestic Willamette hops
Dry yeast:Safeale s-04
Safeale us-56
I only have mail order access to supplies so I'm hoping for something using only these ingredients.:mug:

Well I dont know what a typical hop profile of pale ale is, but you just have 2 row. That's what you will get unless you add some specialty malt in there... the pound of flaked wheat is about what you would put in for better heading and shouldn't provide too much flavoring when stacked up to 10 pounds of malt. Not that this is bad mind you :)

You have a very blonde ale with good head retention. None of the hop varieties "bittering hops" but they will still work. If you want something more european, use the hallertauer for bittering and the saaz for aroma. A little more American would be the cascades. Use half for the entire boil and throw in the other ounce at 15 minutes or so. Any of the varieties are good aroma hops.

Thanks fellas
One more question then.With a 10-11lb. grain bill,can i make a slightly larger
(5.5-6gal.)batch?Or should i stick with 5gal.?Once again many thanks.:mug:

Pri.1-NB Dunkelweisen
Pri.-NB Amer.Wheat
2nd.1-Air
2nd.2-More air
Bottled-B3 Stout
THB Nut BrownAle
THB YellowDogAle
THB O'fest
1Bottle left-THB Wheat(very 1st batch.....excellent):)

Latest posts

Back