Group grain buy Pittsburgh / Western PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rattwo said:
that might be fine....leave here at noon get there about 1 pm ( about 6 hrs for a guy at my shape and age to load 7 bags ) i should be back to cuy falls at about 2 pm tp 3 pm i can call you from the road and update you after i load. i think this will load my little car down.....not a speed run back lol ( haven't got the ok from sleepy yet )

That'll work, if I need to hang for a minute or two, it's no problem.

-d

Sent from my iPod touch using HB Talk

Thanks big time to all involved-bugman, sleepysteven, hermit (for offering) & especially rattwo for the delivery. Prolly brew on Friday with the goods! Looking forward to round 2 already.

-d

Huge thanks to bugman & sleepy. Jon, thanks for making the trip.

No more mini mashes. I just forced myself to build a mash tun!

Ok, I still have the grain for the following people:
Drizzle
Faith in Chaos
Scut Monkey

Everyone else has picked theirs up.

I am not rushing you guys, just an FYI.
Please e-mail me to set up pick up times, and I will email you my cell.

Anybody use any of the new grain yet???

Drizzle
Faith in Chaos
Scut Monkey

Yeah. I have a mild going. Seems to have worked. Imagine that. :D

sleepystevenson said:
Drizzle
Faith in Chaos
Scut Monkey

Yes indeed, a pale ale.

-d

Cool. I am looking forward to start using it. I brewed last weekend (a special bitter), but needed to use up some grain I had on hand before getting into the new stuff on the next brew.

Big thanks to ScutMonkey for the Growler of stout and the bottles! It was really nice -my GF and I both really enjoyed it. It had a very dry stout-like flavor and finish.

Also, Scut Monkey and Drizzle - My buddy from the homebrew shop will be putting together a more in depth email about the Brew Grass Derby, May 7 in Hillsville, PA. I will send it out to you guys as soon as I get it. Hope to see you there! It is an AWESOME time.

Only ONE person left to pick up grain: FaithInChaos.
Sorry I couldn't meet you on Saturday afternoon. Let me know when you want to pick up.

Also, Scut Monkey and Drizzle - My buddy from the homebrew shop will be putting together a more in depth email about the Brew Grass Derby, May 7 in Hillsville, PA. I will send it out to you guys as soon as I get it. Hope to see you there! It is an AWESOME time.

Sweet! It was great touching base with a local enthusiast!

Big thanks to ScutMonkey for the Growler of stout and the bottles! It was really nice -my GF and I both really enjoyed it. It had a very dry stout-like flavor and finish.

I'm glad you liked it! I'm always looking for feedback on the quality. I guess I need to start entering some competitions for the feedback alone. It's funny that we traveled up there and dropped off beer for a fellow high school classmate. I guess it truly is a small world.

Thanks again for the info about the Brew Grass Derby. Michelle and I are definitely interested in going when you get more details.

Here's a copy of Gregg's Email (owner of the Pumphouse Brew shop) This is a GREAT event, highly recommended!!!
Always fun.

NATIONAL HOMEBREW DAY

First of all it will be at the Johnson club in Hillsville, Pa again rain or shine
May 7th 2pm for public & anytime after 9am for brewers (for the brewers annual breakfast)
If your brewing don't forget your ingredients and equipment.

Things we could use - firewood, breakfast burrito ingredients, prizes (gift cert, beer related items, local business shirts etc.) for the brew club raffle.

I still need t-shirt pre order sizes if you haven't already sent it to me.

If you have never been to this event, here is the low down. If you would like to brew with us, we tally up the total gallons and send it in to the AHA website. If you just want to attend you will need a ticket (I will be getting some at the shop soon, also Vintage Estate and the Johnson club) and you can get in at 2pm. If you are brewing or bringing beer to enter in the homebrew comp, voted on buy ticket buyers - you will get in free. Tickets should be around $10
There will be entertainment and BBQ for sale. You may bring snacks and beverages.

We will have our annual Keg Toss for men and women, so practice up.

Thanks, Gregg
The PumpHouse Homebrew Shop
336 Elm st
Struthers, Oh 330-755-3642

Hi. Any talks of another group buy? Please keep me posted as I would be interested and I have a brew buddy that may be interested as well.

I was also hoping for another group buy, my 2 row and pilsner malt could use some restocking.

If someone wants to set up another group buy, I could probably be convinced to get at least a couple more sacks.

sleepystevenson and bugman9317 did a great, great job organizing this last time, so I'm perfectly content to wait until they're ready to do it again.

Yeah... what Jon said.

I pretty much bought enough to get me through the year, but I'd probably get a sack or two just to maintain the stock pile.

I'm in youngstown ohio, drive to pittsburgh all the time. i would be interested in a group buy. I'm also a member of the local brew club so i could see if they wanted anything.

I will express my interest in another group buy soon 3+ sacks....

Yeah... what Jon said.

I pretty much bought enough to get me through the year, but I'd probably get a sack or two just to maintain the stock pile.

Yeah I think I may have to bite the $50/sack bullet to get me through the next couple months until sleepy and bugman return.

So, I'm starting to get low...bugman and sleepysteven, how are your grain levels?

I'm far from out, but I am running out of Marris Otter and 2-Row, so I thought I'd check in.

Whenever you guys are ready to organize another bulk buy, count me in for at least five sacks, probably six.

Thanks again for all your hard work on the first one, I really appreciate it!

I've been through one whole bag of 2-row and about half a bag of pilsner at full LHBS prices. I'm going to have go on brewing strike until this group buy is started back up! Come on bugman and sleepy, get to brewing! JK (kinda).

Back