Raise a glass to the SWMBOs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to raise my glass to all the SWMBOs/HWMBOs out there who support their partners' brewing habit. In the span of two weeks mine let me buy a freezer, a grain mill, a temp controller, a mash paddle, 7 pounds of hops and a false bottom for my MLT. God bless them all. :mug:

aubiecat said:
Glad I don't have a SWMBO, but I do have a girlfriend.

She still must be obeyed, right?
I'll have a fiancé come next week (I'm optimistic)
...I hope she's ok that beer will always be my other half though ;)

She just picks them out for you. Don't lie! Ha!

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! don't tell anyone ;)

but in all honesty i have a pretty darn understanding wife. I don't have to do a lot of begging to get anything done, especially since she loves beer as much as I am and usually is asking when I'll start the next batch :D (especially when I start running low.

My girlfriend not only allows but encourages my brewing habit. She bought me my starter kit 4 years ago and has helped me build a keezer and 2 brew rigs. I am super grateful that she likes beer and brewing as much as I do

My wife and I have an agreement. She does not ask how much I spend on brewing equipment and supplies and I do not ask how much she spends on shoes. We each have our own little addictions.

She still must be obeyed, right?
I'll have a fiancé come next week (I'm optimistic)
...I hope she's ok that beer will always be my other half though ;)

Good luck on the proposal. I just got engaged to the most wonderful SWMBO ever and she totally supports my habit. She has been checking the want ads to find a freezer for us to go kegs. ( actually looking back she may just be tired of the hundreds of bottles in her dining room).

just wanted to raise my glass to all the swmbos/hwmbos out there who support their partners' brewing habit. In the span of two weeks mine let me buy a freezer, a grain mill, a temp controller, a mash paddle, 7 pounds of hops and a false bottom for my mlt. God bless them all. :mug:

it's a trap!

Couldn't agree more.

Here's to great wives and great beer (in that order). Slainte'!

image-9622328.jpg

Glad I don't have a SWMBO, but I do have a girlfriend.

Shes my biggest supporter....as long as I keep a stream of hoppy beers on tap, shes happy. Shes never had a beer too hoppy.

Shes only been drinking craft beer for 6 months...the other week I opened up a moylans hopsickle and I thought that might be the beer that makes her say uncle. She loved it. :ban:

We only have two taps so our approach is one for me, one for you. I pick mine and she picks hers. The great part is she helps me brew both! 36 years and counting!

Back